Author Topic: New guy Glastron V-166  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Aj1

Re: New guy Glastron V-166
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 08:48:04 PM »
Ok guys, I added those pics that didn't make it, so you can see them, but today was such nice weather and the wife left at 2:30 for a bachelorette party so I had a good amount of time to get some serious cutting & grinding done, in the next couple pics you can see that I was able to remove the transom board, thankfully in one piece, but very rotten, so at least I'll be able to use it for a template again, and also there were 2 triangular pieces of wood glasses in at either end of the transom, also very rotten, but again at least I was able to dig them out in pretty much one piece, they are all laid out to dry for now, after I extracted all of that rotten wood, I got to work on cutting glass tabs and grinding downexcess resin, there is a LOT of it! The good news is that I THINK that once I have my hull ground and prepped I think that setting in new stringers and transom will actually be fairly straightforward, it's a pretty simple design, I'm considering adding an additional bulkhead in the center of the hull to add additional strength. Anyway, here's today's progress!

Offline Aj1

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
Pics from today

Offline Aj1

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 06:04:11 PM »
More, also, in the second photo, you can see that apparently a corrugated cardboard liner was used under some of the fiberglass? Have any of you gents ever seen that? I have finally come to the realization that these boats as mentioned by dorelse seem to have questionable construction methods. The nice thing I keep telling myself though is I now have the authority to build it as I see fit!