General Category > General Discussion

GT Jet Project

(1/25) > >>

nes-cv23:
Time to stop talking about it, and start on it!    A buddy of mine had a little jet boat, you know the ones with a jet ski set up, but in a little boat. Lots of fun!!  But then I thought... A little gt-150 would be a great boat with a jet..   I had another gt I was going to fix up so I just needed a jet boat for a donor motor and drive..  Found one!  It's a 94 four winns fling with a 115hp omc motor. Freshly rebuilt.. But the guy didn't want to pay his bill on the rebuild. So after 6 years my motor man said I could buy it if I paid for the parts used in the rebuild. Deal!   

75starflight:
Should be an interesting project! Look forward to seeing this come together and how it works!

nes-cv23:
First step.. Cut the donor apart.. It actually came apart easy. They had the same rotten core that the glastrons do.  :)  Split it in half to get at the motor and drive. All the controls, stearing and gauges will be used again. The gt is a little smaller so everything should fit.

nes-cv23:
Next. Time to take the motor out and see how it all goes togather.  I think this will work out good. Very simple set up.

nes-cv23:
Next. Time to split the gt.. But this is enough for this weekend.. By the way the gt is a 76 with no wood left in it that's good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version