Author Topic: Prop question  (Read 7282 times)

Offline pyro225

Re: Prop question
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »
So you are saying I shouldn't get this as a main prop? On their website it says they were designed as a spare but now they are a lot better and new boats come with the like regals crown lines etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 11:54:44 PM »
I have never seen another composite prop in the wild besides mine.  It also says that the manufacturer offers a Quicksilver 19P Aluminium blade as well.  I would guess that 95%+ are sold with the AL prop on them.  Not sure about Europe.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline pyro225

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
Back... just bought it... probably should have asked on here or the shop prior to purchase but it’s just dawned on me... i normally put a block of wood between the cav plate and the prop to tighten the prop... will these fins break off on the comp one if I do the same?

Offline pyro225

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »
wow what a difference much smoother and more balanced gets on the plane in 5 seconds now... just need to try her loaded up!

Offline pyro225

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 01:17:21 PM »
 Rising this from the dead - took her out for the penultimate trip of the season- cruising at 30mph hits some reeds - and got a dirty vibration stopped her and guess what..? Missing blade! Two trips grrr POS - lucky I was only two miles from home so cruised back at a massive 2mph!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »
Most carry a spare prop with them, like a spare tire in your boot ..
You should carry some spare blades and wrench to repair ... In case it ever happens again.
Or just a cheap banged up spare aluminum prop to get you home.

Offline pyro225

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
Yea good thinking - would it do any damage to the drive as out of balance? If I had an ally prop would it have ripped the reeds to you think? Now I need a new 4 blade