General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Say hello to my C-512 Metric :-)

(1/3) > >>

dszczucinski:
Hey all,

My friend and I have owned this boat for the past 5-6 years or so. It is a 1981 C-512 Metric (or so we think). Two tone blue, no metal flake (I haven't seen another without the flake). Although we are not from your area (Kansas here), this seemed to be a great group full of knowledgeable people!

I do have a couple of questions for everyone. Our boat has the Mercruiser 120, and really only goes about 35 mph. I have been trying to research prop sizes for this motor and top speeds, but it seems the 512 is somewhat rare. Our current prop is pretty rough around the edges, but is this speed typical for a boat like this?

Plugcheck:
        Seems a bit low on the top speed.   I had a 1980 CVX16-SS with 140 Mercruiser and it would do around 45mph, around 50 in perfect conditions.   Could be the prop is chewed up enough to not being able to do its job well.  Any chance you could try other props?    When at top speed, what RPM's is the engine turning?

dszczucinski:
Turning about 4200 rpm at WOT. The prop is a little chewed up, we have never replaced it. I can't find any markings on the current prop, so I am unsure the specifications. What is the standard prop for this boat?

75starflight:
When I had a 120 in my v179 tri-hull I could only achieve 38 mph with a 21p laser ii prop. and that was around 4500 rpm at wot.

In my book you are probably in the top range for Speed with the 120.

When I switched over to a 140 in my V179 I am now able to consistently reach 43 to 45 mph and have peaked at 48 mph once.  This is with the Same laser II prop.

Oh, Welcome to the group!

Btw, I am located in Nebraska

dorelse:
Hmm...there is another two tone blue in the club.  @C512Jim

My Metric had the 140 in it...I could only get low 40's out of it.  Nice boats.  Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version