General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Say hello to my C-512 Metric :-)

<< < (3/3)

C512Jim:
All I did was adjust the brass hold down piece at the rear of the motor maybe only one or two turns if I remember right.  Cant remember which direction but like they told me here go one way, see what it does, if worse go back to where it was and go the other direction.  Worked for me.  About your windshield I think there are links on here of after market people that make them.  The 81 metric has a very nice original one, but always nervous about something happening to it.  This spring I visited my cousin in Kansas and adopted an 82 metric I believe, it has the 140 hp merc.  I have a good donor out of a 4 winns that will go into it but have to redo all the interior, surprisingly the floor is solid.  Will need lots of work trying to bring back the finish.  That windshield almost seems like it might have been a re manufactured one. 

dszczucinski:
@C512Jim that one looks fabulous! We definitely enjoy all the looks we get and random conversations. The windshield has never been a big deal to us as we like to climb all over the boat and lay on the front.

C512Jim:
Thanks, the photos make it look way better than it is, tons of heavy oxidation but think it can be saved with some touch up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version