General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Say hello to my C-512 Metric :-)

<< < (2/3) > >>

C512Jim:
Wow, we have a twin out there.  We thought we were the only one ourselves.  Just gave the boat to my youngest son, has been a fun and inexpensive boat for the past 6 years.  With just me and a standard aluminum (M) E 3x15x17r  prop we have always had on it will do 41 on calm day trimmed out.  The wild thing is My wife, a friend, Myself, 40lb dog, and medium size cooler will always top out at 37mph on the gauge (We are all 200lb plus people too).  We even gps'd it a couple times and it's the only boat I have that the dash speedo is dead on. The Rpms are perfect with that prop. Will miss her like I am sure Dorsel will miss his, but that leaves new adventures open in the Glastron family.  If you want to see his better our oldest son put on a couple videos of it under the name Glastron Fever at youtube.  Would love to see photos of yours and see if anything is different that ours or other Metrics.

Hyperacme:
Welcome to the forum !

dszczucinski:
Hey all!

Thank you for the welcome and it's good to see we aren't the only blue C512! We bought the boat about 6 years ago for $1100, wouldn't shift when we bought it but a small adjustment to the cable and we were back in business. Over the past few years she really hasn't need much more than minor repairs here and there (although this winter we may rebuild the entire interior.)

@C512Jim we have changed ours up a little bit, but it originally looked just like yours (like exactly). Our seats fell apart and we never had a windshield :-( So we built a L-shaped sectional as we are all pretty tall and like the extra lounge space. I don't have the best pictures on my phone but here are a couple.

C512Jim:
The guys here helped me out with the same issue of linkage out of adjustment where going into forward would clunk a few times till grabbed.  I barely moved the adjustment and its worked perfect since.  I was lucky, I got mine just as you see it in the photos for $200 with the original trailer.  We have enjoyed it for 6 years solid with very little issues, and it is so good on gas.  We enjoy The torch lake sandbar here in northern michigan, not into the crazy part of it but like it when its more relaxed.  Almost every time we leave the boat to swim or talk to someone we come back and there is  group of people standing around it. lol.  Sounds like you have had tons of fun like us.  I have had a 1970 Glastron Caribbean V234 since 1991 but it was after getting the C512 metric I got addicted to All the Glastrons. lol.

dszczucinski:
Hey @C512Jim,

We had the entire shift cable replaced, but we still get some clunks when shifting into forward gear, what adjustments did you make to really dial it in? Also, any ideas where to buy a windshield?

I am taking the prop off today or tomorrow to get it replaced, so I am hoping that will solve our top speed problem as we can barely crack 35 mph. I am fairly certain we have the 120 as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version