General Category > General Discussion

1976 CV 16 V8 Complete Rebuild

(1/16) > >>

fireman24mn:
A few people already known but I bought the Orange CV-16 V8 from Joe. I will be doing a full rebuild with my daughter on it. It needs pretty much everything and is a total project. It will get all new wood/ composite not sure yet? It will be sprayed with purple flake and white or cream, not sure yet. The bow feels like it will need to be recored. The dash is cracked, along with many scrapes, gouges, etc. It will get a 305 or small 350 (its for my daughter remember) Or maybe a 383 with a limiter.

I got lucky and already picked up a project parts boat for the drive and all the other parts. Motor is bad. Parts boat is a 1993 Starcraft so I will have a gen 2 drive for the boat and all the updated things that go with it. It will be a similar build to what I did with the CV-23. I plan to blueprint the hull, it has gouges and cracks on it as well. Forgot to look to see if there is any hook in the 16 hull. If so not sure if I will take it out or not.

Wish me luck.

fireman24mn:
More Pics

Plugcheck:
    First order of business has got to be filling in that massive hole in the transom.     Looks like it would make a fine first craft.   Have to admit, that is an interesting trailer its sitting on.   Probably seem like a tiny rebuild compared to your 23.    Hope to see progress, you'll likely be done with it before the water softens knowing your skills.

Jason:
Cool! Looking forward to it. I’m curious to see if a SBC will fit under that cover.  These hills really can’t do much over 55. Safely anyway. Was always curious if a pad could be added. Is it going to be a race between you and Joe to see who gets done first??

fireman24mn:
I agree Jason It will be interesting to see if or what I have to modify to fit the GM instead of the Ford. However there are some out there and the look pretty original. Nice thing about fiberglass it is easy to remove, replace and add more.

The hull/ floor looks like it has some deteriorated glass on it. I am guessing I will have to grind the ENTIRE inside of the hull and add a layer of glass to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version