Author Topic: CVC-18 Discussion  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
CVC-18 Discussion
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
 1975 Jet boat - $1900 (Montoursville)
 http://williamsport.craigslist.org/boa/4247039530.html

It's been for sale sense April ...
http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8676
Found some old picture of it on CGOA, same CV not two blue one with windows cut out  ...
Has to be the rarest G/C model !

*********************************************************************************************************

Aaron ...
It probably is the rarest next to the CV19 outboard. The CVC was only made one year and its hard to say how many were built. I talked to a former Glastron worker and e remembered ten and said "it only was a handful".
This one has been for sale for so long cause its too expensive for being repainted, having holes cut into it and needing a full resto.
I hope I can bring my CVC on the water some time soon.

Gregg ...
Aaron
I know of 3 CVC's and 2 CV19.
Is that correct ?
Your CVC I/O is the rarest of the rare !

Aaron ...
They were all build in '75 and put in the show room in '76 if I'm correct.
I have a list on my computer that has all the ones I found over the years on it.
There are more than 10, I know that for sure.
Two here in Europe, one Volvo sterndrive and my jet.
Then there are two I know if in Canada and several in the states. I do have pics of them all and the last known town.

Steve ...
The CVC's... Aaron is right, there's more out there, but probably not many. I've seen some come up over the years (very few recently) and would have posted them if I realized they were considered so rare! The only ones I have seen myself listed in original unpainted condition were gold without windows. I've also seen them with low profile forward facing tinted windshields like the CV-23's had... I figured they all had them and only few survived. If you've never seen one with the windshield, it is AWESOME. It really makes the boat, and would be a must-have if I were going to own one. It's not the right boat for me, but (picture it) in Emerald Mist, with the windshield... I doubt I could resist.

Aaron ...
I got a brand new original windshield for my CVC. I think the only one original flake without holes is the one from Alain that I have pictures of. The one here in Germany doesn't have holes from windows but has plenty of stuff like railing and lights on it.