Author Topic: New Package Delivery...  (Read 9530 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: New Package Delivery...
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »
Dor,
How did you make out with the control box?

Well, the little pivot's that hold the control cables in...they do just slide out.  It looks like its designed so you can place a screw in there to pull them out.  ie...no need to open the box up, just pull the clip, then pull those little pivot cams out.

However, I did open the box up...which promptly had all the pieces fall out!   :D  (Of course, right?)  So...I just got the thing back together correctly.  (You can make it all fit incorrectly, btw...found that out too!)

The patio set is currently sitting in the boat, so I have to wait for it to warm up so I can put it in.

I have to completely redo the wood mounting area before mounting the box, which I can't do, until I figure out what I'm doing for my permanent seating solution...

Basically, it'll likely go in over Memorial Day weekend.

On the plus side, I know get how it works, very ingenious piece of engineering!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:56:50 PM by dorelse »
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Rich_V174SS

• 1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
If I remember I thought the pivot pins were held in by something if not a screw. Now I'm wondering if there was something like a "C" clip or spring clip that was supposed to be on the inner side of the arm. Otherwise what would prevent them from slipping out when you're operating the control? Is there a recess or groove on the end of the pin for a clip to snap onto?. I'm gonna have to check my old box more thoroughly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:59:49 PM by Rich_V174SS »
1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
1987 Mercruiser 190 3.7LX/Alpha One

1970 V176 Swinger
1983 Mercury 115

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
Yes, there's a spring clip that keeps it from falling out.  I had pulled that out, but when I couldn't get it to slide out, figured, like you, that there was a screw in the inside.

Honestly, not a big deal at all...it was good to see how the thing works.
1990 Sierra 1700