Author Topic: Hey Guys n Gals ;)  (Read 2251 times)

Shorty_GT-150

Hey Guys n Gals ;)
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
Doran poked me for an update.

First off, Hi ! Been a while ! Too long.

Hope everyone is doing well.... Miss u guys!

Been a rough time since the tornado. Got cleaned out. kinda.
Wiped out my business, but bought a house....
But the house needed a bit of love.... still on some of that.

So Far:
New high efficiency furnace and hot water heater
Refinished most of the main floor
Finishing up some electrical updates
Then gonna finish the attic for a master bedroom and a 3/4 bath (Then house will be 3BR 1+3/4 BA)
Then on to finishing the basement for a third bath (1/2) and the studio and lounge

I bought a Screen Printing setup. Maybe that's something I can help the group with

I was gettin pretty far with my 1951 Chev Pickup project, had a driver, then locked up the rear, and she sat all winter.

Two days after buyin the house, my Deville died. miss that sucker so bad.
Been goin thru beater after beater since. so much bad luck with vehicles.

At any rate, stuff is lookin up I guess. Things are movin along. SLOW. but movin along.

I've been to California (LA, Long Beach, Hollywood) twice in the past month and a half on Music business. Potential.

Not holding my breath. Just been tryin to control my OCD, ADD, and Depression and keep movin forward.

Really hoping to have a boat again next year. This summer is out of the question. I have to accept that.
Although... I would like to tag along some time, and I know there are plenty who will be willing, ;)
By next summer I should be able to get something again.
I'll just have to put a 9 footer in the back of my garage, and a slab in the yard, and hope the city wont flag my boat.
If I can't keep one here, in the back yard, then I can't have one right now.

Been so swamped lately. ;) I suppose that is a good thing ;)

Stay Blessed u guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Hey Guys n Gals ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
Wait...you got hit by that tornado last year?  I hadn't heard that!

Good to hear from you!
1990 Sierra 1700

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
Good to hear your still kickin' Shorty !

" Got hit by that tornado last year? "

Not good ...

Shorty_GT-150

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
Yeah... Tornado came thru where my recording studio was located.
I was renting commercial space off 94 and Dowling... about 1200 sq ft.

Came thru and peeled the roof off the building, dumped a bunch of ceiling and water onto/into all my gear.

Insurance wrote me up at $153,000.00 in loss.... only insured for $40,000.00 -minus my  deductable...
So I got fairly hosed. Granted, my loss was more like $75,000.00, but I figured what were the chances of ever experiencing a total loss?

Well, I knew better... just wasn't insuring properly due to cost, and rough times.

Anyway... took that cash, plus a little, and went and bought this house for cash. It's paid for. And already worth about double what I'm in it for.

I think I'm doin ok.... granted.... I don't have a recording studio anymore... and my good car is dead and gone, and I'm rolling a beater.

And I'm broke. And I still need to finish up a bunch of code stuff. But.... still.... obviously BLESSED

I'll get back on top. Gonna build out a studio in the basement, and then start buyin up gear again. Some time around mid next winter, I should be set up at least minimally, in a nice facility at home.

Whatever. Rollin with the punches ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:38:22 PM by Shorty »

Offline MarkS

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
Good to hear from you again Shorty!  Sorry to hear about all the troubles, but sounds like you're keeping a great attitude about it all.  Hang in there, times will get better soon hopefully.   ;)
Mark
1978 SSV-176