Author Topic: SOLD ..Glastron GT 160 Project in MO for sale .. SOLD  (Read 3636 times)

Offline dgmeyer

SOLD ..Glastron GT 160 Project in MO for sale .. SOLD
« on: September 01, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »
Boat is located at Lake of the Ozarks, MO. $1750. This is a project that needs to be completed. Very solid trailer with foldaway tongue that fits this hull perfectly. I have all of the trim parts, perfect windshield. Change in retirement plans means I am not going to be able to finish this. Would like to see it go to a Glastron fan! Clear MO titles for boat and trailer.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/d/camdenton-gt160-glastron-1973/6964671549.html

The boat floating in the water was the starting point. I spent the last couple of summers pulling it a part as the transom and floor were shot. I put in new stringers, transom, and marine grade floor. The boat was painted by a professional. I did have to pull part of the new floor out to get the boat back together. I should have put the top and bottom together and then done the floor. Lesson learned.

This is definitely a project for someone that has some skills and wants to finish it up. But you do get a rock solid trailer and all of the Glastron GT160 parts that people look high and low for. The windshield, for example, is fine and it seems like new windshields are $300 - $400 if you need one fabricated. All of the aluminum trim castings are fine and I have new decals. Glastron steering wheel and polished inserts. There is no motor.

Hate to see it go since I skied behind an orange GT160 with a Tower of Power in the 1970's but circumstances have changed since I started the rebuild. Hope this helps. Would like to see it go to a good home!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:42:34 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
Re: Glastron GT 160 Project in MO for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »
Sweet project to finish out for someone Don, good luck on sale!
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline jandgwhatley

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:51:49 AM »
That is a great start on a beautiful boat. I am sorry after doing the worst part of the restore you have to let it go. I live down close to Joplin, Missouri and would love to have finished it for you. However, I just bought a project 2 weeks ago and my house already looks like a used car lot. My adoring wife is starting to give me the sideways look. Best of luck to you and if I can be any help, please let me know.

Offline dgmeyer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »

This sold today.   Sad to see it go.    Don