General Category > Archived Posts

New (added) Intentions for the Summer of 2009

(1/4) > >>

ChfBrianB:
Ok folks...  It has become obvious to me that we are going to need to have more than one meet this summer.  Why not???  How could that be a bad thing.

I still believe that the August meet will be the one that claims the most attention and should be viewed as the "Annual" Meet, but I am going to begin putting together a list of meets (one per month) that will be pre-cursors to the big one.

These "mini-meets" as I will call them, will be posted on calendars and pre designated as times that we can try to get together.  We will have a pre determined meeting spot, and a general plan for the day.  Most of them will be centered around Saturdays, but may begin on Friday night and carry over into Sunday morning.

I expect that we will focus these mini-meets in the Stillwater, Hudson, Prescott, Minnetonka areas.

Our annual meet will still be decided after Jason can provide us with some photo's of the Red Wing (Island Campground) site.  The decision will remain between Lake City and Red Wing.

This way, we can have some organized outings and some club leadership while maintaining the flexability to attend if you are able.

Like I said, I'm hoping to put somthing together one weekend a month from May to September with the Annual meet in August.  Of course, these mini-meets will be at your own expense, and will be up to you for whatever you need.  I'm just going to provide the schedules and the locations for each weekend.

Sound ok?  Let me know your thoughts!

Brian

Jason:
Love the idea Brian. The more notice we have of these meets the better. Especially with busy summer schedules!

ChfBrianB:
You got it...  I'll start putting it together this week...

Hyperacme:
Jason,Dave and I took a run on the Mississippi last year and had a great time.
Maybe a Miss. river run...

Jason:
That was a lot of fun. A trip north through the locks would be neat too. I have not made it past the minneapolis locks but would like to try it one day.

Also, A weekind trip up to the Apostle islands is in need too.

Minnesota river up to Shakopee?

Lake Minnetonka. There is also a nice campground right next door on lake independace that you can make reservations at.

I have also camped on lake ossawinnamakee and fish trap lake near the brainered area. Both have very nice camp grounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version