Author Topic: GT150 Search  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Floyd Pink

GT150 Search
« on: April 24, 2023, 06:05:59 AM »
Greetings! What follows below is the condensed version. It's possible, though unlikely, that my old 1978 GT150 still exists and is somewhere in Illinois since the Illinois DNR still shows the hull number in their records, or so I've been told. It's a huge long shot but a big Internet so perhaps a member here knows something or has a useful idea. Thanks for reading.

My quest to try to determine if my '78 GT150 might still exist hit a snag due to privacy laws, which I understand. I was actually able to track down and contact the couple I sold it to back in the late 80's (they were surprised of course) but they only had the boat a short time before they traded it in to a dealer in Fox Lake IL for something new and bigger. The Fox River and chain was no place for that GT on a busy weekend! Given that we're about 35 years on, even if the dealer were still in business, which I doubt since I know the area well, they would never have those records and even if they did... well... you get the idea.
IF my old boat still lives, it would likely be in northern Illinois or somewhere in Wisconsin as I bought it new out of Waupaca WI. I used the boat extensively throughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois. If you have a 1978 GT150, please look at your hull number. I'm looking for: GLA85022M78D. There are also multiple distinguishing features I would recognize. Or, if you can somehow access Illinois DNR records, that would also do the trick. I'm told by another member here that the hull number STILL shows in their records but to what extent no one knows. Yet! It could be in a barn, garage or junked long ago.

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: GT150 Search
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 09:32:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum Floyd !

I check Craigslist , Kijij & Marketplace almost daily, then post cool boats here ..
https://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=1077.0

It might show up some day.

Offline Floyd Pink

Re: GT150 Search
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 01:35:37 PM »
You're correct about the searches and I do them all quite often. It's only a remote chance that it's still around but you just never know and it doesn't cost me anything to try, right?