Author Topic: CV16 Boarding ladder  (Read 56 times)

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
CV16 Boarding ladder
« on: May 10, 2024, 07:22:10 PM »
The way we use the boat a ladder is kind of required, I have an extra ladder for a early 90s like what?s on the 16 CSS and the 1900 and the same as what I put on the GT150, but it would?ve required a lot of modification to get it to fit on the CV. I bought this one from a guy in South Dakota thinking I may have found the holy Grail, the only CV 16 outboard ladder known to exist.

But it?s not perfect. It was either repurposed or they custom made it and didn?t get it quite right, you can see the outside front stanchion doesn?t sit quite right looks like they had a wedge in it in the inside. Stanchion didn?t go all the way onto the deck.
I don?t have any pictures of the initial fitting, but we were looking at it, and Laurie suggested that I shorten the transom post on the inside so that the step runs parallel to the trim on the back of the boat instead of perpendicular to the centerline, this is the initial fitting after Considering those changes.

After deciding this was going to work, I pretty much disassembled the entire ladder. The transom stanchions were cracked so I replaced them. I made new steps and I sanded and polished the bottom loop because it was quite tarnished. The upper pieces still looked pretty good so I left them be .

I also polished hinge fittings.
Because the ladder is now twisted slightly some of the holes weren?t gonna line up on the top half for the step and the fittings, so I ordered some 17 mm aluminum stock and then welded the holes up with that inside because the drilling was going to be halfway across the original holes.

When I had it apart, I tweaked the outside transom post made a new inside transom post out of some stainless I had, and I also tweaked the outside front stanchion so it would sit tight against the deck.
This is the fitting after all that work was done.

And this is the finished product. I added a rubber strap/hold down for storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: CV16 Boarding ladder
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 07:52:05 PM »
Bill and Chad's ladders