Author Topic: Hello from North Florida  (Read 3119 times)

Offline wpstarling

Hello from North Florida
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:45:12 AM »
Hey guys,

My name is Bill and I currently don't own a Glastron but my father owned a 1973 Glastron Carlson CV16 from before I was born until I graduated High School so I've always loved them.  I currently own a 1990 Pro Line 17Sport Center console.  I joined this forum though because I am at a place where I am hopefully able to purchase my dad's boat back and I'm searching for it.  I know that this is a MN based forum but it's one of the only Glastron forums I found so I'm hoping to get some help since I don't have facebook.

I've gone to the FL DMV and given them the registration numbers and they say they're sending the last registered owner a letter to see if he a) still has the boat and b) would be willing to sell it to me.  Is there anything else you guys can think of doing?  If the guy doesn't have it still or doesn't want to sell it I'd love to get one to make some memories with my kids with since my Proline is mostly for fishing.  I'm pretty sure I attached a photo to this thread of my Dad's boat when he owned it, not sure if that's how it still looks since DMV says it's been sold 4 times since my parents owned it. 

Any help is appreciated and it's great to see a group of people who like these boats as much as me!
1972 Glastron-Carlson CV16

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
Re: Hello from North Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:41:14 AM »
Neat story, in addition to the DMV, I suppose you could run ads on Craigslist, local paper, talk to local marinas.   Being the collectors item, that particular craft might be across the country, or possibly in another country.  Getting the word out for that particular model can't hurt.  Welcome to CGOAMN.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
Hi Bill & welcome to the forum !
I saw your ad on CL and hope you can find it.
If not .. they are fairly easy to find, most in poor shape but easy to rebuild if your handy and willing to learn a few things.

Offline wpstarling

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 02:38:32 PM »
Yea I've got it on CL and had my brother post on Facebook.  Thanks for the welcome and if I get in touch with the owner I'll update this. 

And I am pretty handy, I actually had to fix the transom on my Proline because it originally had a SeaDrive on it that was in terrible condition, so I removed it, sold it, patched the wholes, painted the repair section and installed a new bracket and outboard.  Runs like a champ and doesn't leak :)

Offline wpstarling

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 08:30:57 AM »
So I had a wanted add for a CV16 since the last owner of my dad's boat sold it in 2009 and the guy he sold it to never registered it and he couldn't remember the guy's name he sold it to so that ended as a dead end.  Found another "72" (the HIN says 73 but it's titled a 72) that was about 2 hours from me and I picked it up Friday.  Needs some TLC before her first sea trial but I could run it now if I could keep the Johnson idling.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:36:43 AM by Hyperacme »

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:28:03 AM »
Looks like a nice hull to start with!  Stay safe!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:19 AM »
Now the fun begins … LOL