Author Topic: Another project CV-21...happy but disappointed  (Read 5466 times)

Offline GIL_CV21

Re: Another project CV-21...happy but disappointed
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 06:48:02 AM »
Your engine compartment is pretty much factory with the exception of the battery tray , the original position mounting is still visible . If you gut out the flotation boxes  it will pretty much open up the entire space .

Offline chuckie

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
Thank you for the pics....I so wish all your pics were on the GLASTRON Forum still to look at. I am definitely going to take out the foam boxes. But if you look at the pick of my CV-19 engine bay I think I am going to the same thing where everything is boxes in and has kind of a deck. It surely won’t hurt hurt anything. My only worry is that only the stringers were replace in the engine bay and the deck was replace up front but not the stringers. I don’t know if I’m ready to rip everything out to check the stringers up front or not. I have the outside of the boat to worry about with the cracks in the bow. I also need to replace all the wood for the rear seat. I want to be able to enjoy here next spring.

Offline chuckie

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
Pretty disappointing day. I pulled up the carpet and found the deck had been covered over with plywood and fiberglassed over. Found a soft spot under the bow that I could just put my hand through the fiberglass. Plywood and front part of the stringers rotten. The one pick shows under the deck of the bow back toward aft of boat and you can see where they attempted glass in a new stringer but only up to the ski locker. Guess I will be gutting it now and do it like it should have been done.

Offline GIL_CV21

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »
Time to fire up the all the fiberglass cuthing and grinding toys , itchy itchy lol