General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

CV 16 restoration update

(1/2) > >>

ces308:
Hello all! It?s been a while since I?ve been on here. Last summer started sea trials and had problems with my 115 hp Merc. Every time I would take off , just as it come up on step, the engine would keep cutting out . Long story short, no one could figure it out. Finally looking at some pictures of the engine, it hit me ! It was the mercury switch!!! The way it was set up, it was almost horizontal when it needed to be vertical, s just as it came up on step, it shut off the engine!!!  It is not on the anymore!  Lol  Since then I have put about 2 hrs on her and she runs great !  Here are some pictures of her in the lake last week. It?s hard to believe I have owned this boat for 48 years now!  Bought her new in July of 1974!  If you?re wondering what I payed for it, $4500.00 out the door! Boat, motor and trailer.

Chris Ambrose

Hyperacme:
WOW ... Good catch on switch .. Could have been a "Head scratcher" forever!
CV looks GREAT  8)

$4500 was a lot of money back in 1974 !

List price in 1974  = $2149
Closest price for Merc I have is 1968 ..
125 HP long = $1526
100 HP long = $1326

Plugcheck:
Worth every penney of that now and more.   Guess you could say it never lost value?   

Jason:
Beautiful!

ces308:
Thanks for the comments!  And that dang switch drove us nuts!!!   And with all the Mercury mechanics I talked to, nobody even thought of that! I have only done one real speed run with the 14-22 Super cup Mercury prop and I need to drop it to a 21 pitch. Rpm?s were 46-4700 with a 48 mph speed. Haven?t tried my 3 blade 21 pitch prop yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version