General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Lake Rathbun 2023

(1/5) > >>

Glastronjohn18:
Betty and I are thinking about trying Lake Rathbun for our summer boat trip this year. I've looked through some of the previous posts and see that the event is held at the Lake Rathbun Marina. I know it's early but June is almost here ( Jan. 26 and June is 4 months away). How does that happen, we just had Christmas ?  It's a bit of a haul  for us but just a little closer than Red Wing.  We would bring the camper we had at Red Wing, the CVX18 and of course Sadie. Hopefully the campgrounds are pet friendly, I couldn't find any info about pets on the Marina website. One way or the other we'll you this year.

Plugcheck:
Marina and campground are pet friendly, even though our dog isn't the most friendly.  He ate a block a mouse poison two years ago, and chased some teenagers last year.  Joe/laurie bring their dogs, but they are both super around other people.   No date has been set, marina office doesn't open till April 1st usually.   Rathbun was always the season kickoff, what weekend works for everyone?   

Plugcheck:
Rathbun is a big lake and there are many places to camp, cabin, hotel at.  We liked the old campground, but once you get accustomed to having a slip, its just so much more relaxing.     We stayed at the marina hotel last year,  nice place, well kept.   They added camping spots, and it seems like positive changes every year.   

Mrs.TheDeuceMan:
We will likely pull down the 5th wheel and gt-150. Our pups are getting pretty old but they love camping/boating/traveling. Benny is 13 and Willie is turning 16!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plugcheck:
Getting time to start giving some serious thought to Rathbun 2023.  The marina opens early April, what weekends are folks open to?   Hoping to be moved by then.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version