Author Topic: 2007 GXL235 Cockpit Cover  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Tregas

2007 GXL235 Cockpit Cover
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:48:47 PM »
All,

I recently lost the Cockpit Cover for my father in law's boat. It was the original OEM Ameritex, Sunbrella style, black, with the snaps. I still have the one for the bow.

I cannot find this cover or even a PART number anywhere and I'm resorting to forums etc. Locally, (Seattle area) they're quoting me at around $2000 to custom pattern out the cover and make a new one. I've spoken to Glastron directly and they apparently don't have any info on the boat at all because it was before the bankruptcy etc. The cover itself was only $600 brand new in 2007.

The Ameritex website says they're not dealing with consumers directly currently.

Does anyone have a clue where I can possibly get even a used one of these? Even if there are minor tears or anything that could possibly be repaired or taken to a local shop and try to save myself on the pattern fees I'd greatly appreciate it! I have been searching this topic for 2 months now  :( :o :-[

Thank you!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: 2007 GXL235 Cockpit Cover
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 08:40:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tregas ...

Sorry I don't have a good answer to your problem ..
You could search eBay from time to time to see if one comes up for sale.

As you said most of the price for a custom cover would be labor to make pattern and line up snap location.
You could try making a pattern out of old bed sheet and have local shop cut and hem edges of canvas.

Then get a snap tool ..
https://www.amazon.com/Press-Button-Fastener-Pliers-Pieces/dp/B0035XZ5R2/ref=asc_df_B0035XZ5R2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198070022856&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14055949088153661356&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019559&hvtargid=pla-392698369805&psc=1

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »
Only thing I can think of is to get a list of distributors from Ameritex and see if there's a business/distributor you can order the replacement through.  But yes, your Glastron was 2 corporate owners ago so they purge all the old stuff when it changes hands.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Tregas

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 02:10:51 PM »
Thanks guys. I spoke with my father in-law last night. I found a device that attaches through a more standard trailer cover and runs a line up and around whatever the top bar is called creating a tent effect. His main concern is water pooling up without something to prop the canvas so we're going to explore that option. He knows I don't have the kind of money he does so he's been really nice about the whole debacle.

He's also pulling the boat out for winter and planning to upholster all the cushions etc again so knowing him he may just pay for it to all be done at once. I just feel terrible about the whole thing and wanted to fix my mistake. Again I appreciate the responses.