General Category > General Discussion

Project "Knot Sure"

(1/4) > >>

Fatlenny:
hello, I had a nice long post all wrote out but had an issue posting pictures. let me try this again but in a short version.

I bought this 14 foot boat this last summer and having a heck of a time identifying it. I am here asking if anyone recognizes it as it has very similar lines to a 1969 v143 glastron jetflight. Not quite the same but very similar. I just cant find anything with a hump on the bow like mine. This faux hood scoop is from the factory mold, not an addition. I have gone over every square inch of this boat and there is no HIN, no capacity plate, no numbers anywhere inside or out. 

I do have registration and here they didnt make a big deal on the year make and model of boats but now they do. the previous owners registration stated "make - 0000 SIMONEAU" I cant say this is or is not the manufacture as I have found no information of a company under that name. Its now registered as 1977 Unknown as last auction this boat went through this is what they sold it as.

Fatlenny:
more photos

Hyperacme:
Hi Lenny and welcome to the forum !

Most slow or problems loading are from VERY large pictures from phones.
Try reduceing size or only loading one picture per post, then add another to a reply post

Seem like a few Glastron & Glastron / Carlson models were reproduced in Canada.
GT150's and CVX16's were splashed or built after company's got molds or copyrights to do so.
Plus many company's copied the "Aqua-Lift" hull ..

Some company's glassed in small tags under dash or under splash well with company info and serial number.

Search for "Sunray boats" , "Tempest boats" , "Grew boats" , "Swiftsure boats"  .  "Campion boats"

dorelse:
Welcome Lenny - I'm wondering if folks on the Fiberglassics forum or their FB group would be able to help as well?  I've been following your FB posts, and I'm curious to know what it is as well!  It looks Glastron...but I couldn't find any matches either.

Fatlenny:
I have tried a half dozen FB groups and a couple forums with no luck. I have looked at every page in the fiberglass section of the fiberglassics library. That took a long time. Did you mean that you are following my fiberglassics forum on this project or somewhere on facebook?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version