Author Topic: Picture of my new to me cvz18  (Read 2334 times)

Offline trailerguy

Picture of my new to me cvz18
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:46:18 PM »
Bought last October, have done a bunch of work. Took it to Osoyoos Lake in the BC Okanagan wine country last week. One of the ladies in our group.
boat ran great, tried a 23 pitch 3 blade, no good, but had a 21,5 blade, which was perfect. Great hole shot, turned 4800/4900, figure about 55-57 mph, which is fast enough for this old guy. Running a 350 mc and alpha drive. Got lots of thumbs up. :)

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Picture of my new to me cvz18
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:54:14 PM »
Glad ya got her runnin' good !
Looks like it's shining pretty good also !

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
Dude beautiful boat!!! Been on a path myself and there a lot of work but totally worth it!! I’m not done yet will be in Vernon area last 2 weeks of July if you want to meet on a lake.

Offline trailerguy

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:50:04 AM »
Looks like the sistership to mine. I like your upholstery better. My boat was purchased in Vernon, but I reside in the Vancouver area, and will be mostly on the Island for the summer. Do you have a hard cover for your bow area? The fellow I bought mine from had made his own. And which way does your engine hatch open? Mine opens forward, but I have seen pictures of some that are hinged at the rear, which makes more sense to me.

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »
Thanks you can follow my build on the forum here. That’s crazy you found it in Vernon as I have a place there my boat came out of Montana. Very hard boats to find nowadays I was kinda shocked to see another one. I’m trying to get the rear vents made in aluminum now as the plastic ones only last so long. I tried to have one made out of plastic with printer but it didn’t turn out as well as I liked. Yours looks white on the bottom is that just the pic or has it had gel coat work?

Offline trailerguy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »
The fellow I bought it from imported it from Boston, then did all the things to the boat that you have done, plus more. He got into  a situation where he felt he did not want the boat anymore, and a buddy of mine found it on Castanet. We drove up to Vernon last october and brought it back. It had no leg on it, so I ordered a new Alpha from a local dealer here.
I am unable to do much work myself, but have had a few things done by the dealer. It needs the upholstery finished, and a little tidying up, but it sure runs great.
It is not the boat that  I ultimately want to keep. I have been a "yachtie" for the last 35 years, and just finished up with a 37' Tollycraft, that we passed on to another individual last fall. I am 72, and it became too stressful for my wife and I to deal with docking and undocking.
The Glastron just gave me an opportunity to have a road trip with my buddy who found it, who is a long term Glastron lover.
I really enjoyed our week at Osoyoos, which is where a boat like that belongs. We have a cabin on Vancouver Island, so I want a boat like an 18" Bayliner Trophy, so that we can go back to cruising around the Islands on day trips from our home base.
The boat had been re-gelcoated, and the bottom colour is a pale greenish blue. So I think it is the same as yours.

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
I get out to Vancouver and the Island a lot. I agree not the boat for out there. Great find wish I would of beat you guys to it. I wonder how many there are left actually. It cannot be a lot.

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 03:21:07 AM »
I saw an emerald mist cvz18 being pulled thru the twin cities last week on 35w getting ready to get on 494. Didn't know there was one in the area. At least they have never been to the meet in August.
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline trailerguy

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
Took the CVZ over to our cabin on Vancouver Island. Only got in one short ( but quick) trip to visit some friends.
Weather was too windy, waves too rough the majority of the time we were there. Will be bringing it back to the mainland in a week, and putting it up for sale. It's a lake boat, and ideally would go back to the Okanogan.
Too bad, as it really puts smiles on everyones faces.