Author Topic: Sale or parts 78 CVX-18 Ford  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Randyj

Sale or parts 78 CVX-18 Ford
« on: July 17, 2023, 03:27:26 PM »
Hi all,
Just not enough time for me anymore and I need to start getting rid of some projects.  Not sure this made it on the GCOTD but I tried to sell it locally with no luck. 

Solid project especially if you are a Ford guy.  Boat is complete but needs much attention.  Merc 888 with Ford 302 (or 351? not sure)  Has a nice hull and trailer.  Tilt works.  I was told by previous owners they had the engine rebuilt but they had trouble getting everything into the boat.  I worked with it for a bit and had it on the water in 2016 but never really had it tested out.  It appeared to run really well at that time.  I have run in in the yard every couple years since.  This year though the starter finally gave in and it's not something I want to keep throwing $ at.

What it doesn't have now to try and start is a battery and starter, new gas and a portable tank.  I've went back and forth trying to decide if it is worth it to spend the $ it to prove it runs but it's a slippery slope!

I don't want to spend my days parting it out but if I have to I will. I was hoping that someone here would entertain me at $1400???

Shoot me a message for more details.  I will be heading up to the lake (Ogema MN) mid week and I was hoping I could bring it down home to Hudson WI (or deliver it somewhere in between!) to a new home by this weekend.