Author Topic: 1977 Hammond Grenada Elite PROJECT for sale  (Read 5845 times)

bojified

1977 Hammond Grenada Elite PROJECT for sale
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »
For Sale- TOTAL PROJECT boat!
1977 Hammond Grenada Elite
Winterized and tore apart to redo transom and two main stringers in 2005 and has remained in my garage or tightly covered in back yard since. Interior has been in my lower level since. The coupler was toast possibly d/t engine misalignment as the stringers were toast.
I did laminate two ¾ inch pieces of “old style” (green treat) treated lumber that seasoned in my garage two years before cutting and laminating. That is not fiber glassed in as the transom interior needs grinding as part of the original filler came off with old transom and part stayed. The two main stringers are toast at least up to the fiberglass bow seating area. The outer small stringers are fine. Most the foam has been dislodged.
It had a loose steering arm on the original bell-housing so I purchased another bell-housing on eBay with tight steering and better exterior finish.
Engine was winterized and fogged with oil change in 2005 and has been in my heated garage since. Periodically I pulled the plugs and squirted oil in the cylinders but make no claims to its fitness. Tons more pics available.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CBFF1ED542313E5!5801&authkey=!AIHFlQjYtRIXJDs
Engine on homemade pallet.I will pack the bearings and the tires are 6 ply and new in 2004 with few miles and a little winter sun but mostly in the garage.I will rent an engine hoist to lift it on the homemade stand into the buyers pickup as I cannot see a safe way for it to go back into boat until stringers/transom done.
Asking $500 or best offer which includes the newer steering tight bell housing. Obviously AS IS!
Please PM me through the web site if interested. Located in Iowa City.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:48:11 AM by bojified »

Offline ronda623

Re: 1977 Hammond Grenada Elite PROJECT for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:19:58 PM »
I realize that this is a very old post, but we just purchased a 1977 hammond el dorado elite and are interested in your hammond for parts if it is still available. Mostly interior and am willing to take the whle boat off your hands. are you able to send photo?  Our phone number is 719 3216704 and my email address is ronda623@gmail.com
thank you and hope to here from you soon,
Sincerely
Ronda and Darren McCoon

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: 1977 Hammond Grenada Elite PROJECT for sale
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN forum Ronda !
I will PM him your post ...