Author Topic: Do these guages match  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Burnin Daylight

Do these guages match
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
When I put the depth sounder in Burnin Daylight, I guess I had brain freeze and somehow ended up with all white Faria Chesapeake instruments and a Faria black depth sounder.  Today I order a white depth sounder to match the other instruments and intend to move the black one to Hot Knots.  Both have in transom transducers, so I'm hoping to be able to just change the instrument in the dash in Burnin Daylight, and move the black one to the CV23 and use the new transducer with it.  That being said since I am building a new engine that will have zero hours on it for the CV23, I ordered a new hour gauge.  The existing one is cracked and foggy (only has about 450 hours on it) and I thought that maybe I could mount it in the engine compartment and therefor keep up with the total hours on the boat itself.  The first pic is Burnin Daylight's dash with the stupid black instrument, and last 2 are Hot Knots dash and the new hour gauge.  It was about as close as I could come to matching them since and hour gauge is not something that you can really buy used.  Does it match close enough to not be obvious, or am I just being picky?
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Do these guages match
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
I doubt you'll get much closer, and if you're like me, you notice it b/c you're picky and you know its not original.  No one else will...

Well, except everyone in the club now b/c you told us all!   :D
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
Re: Do these guages match
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
I doubt you'll get much closer, and if you're like me, you notice it b/c you're picky and you know its not original.  No one else will...

Well, except everyone in the club now b/c you told us all!   :D
Barb, any way to put the new gauge insides with the original bezel?... does/will it separate?  If not, I think using the faria is a good option/will look fine with the originals.
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'87 CVX-16 Outboard, '88 Johnson 120--
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"