Author Topic: CVX/CVZ ladder parts gauging interest  (Read 2209 times)

Offline 75starflight

CVX/CVZ ladder parts gauging interest
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:59 PM »
I am looking at having the ladder steps and hinges recreated for the CVXs and CVZs and possibly putting together a complete bottom ladder half. I have discovered that I have an aluminum casting facility about 45 minutes from me. I have not contacted them yet, but I will be contacting them in the next few days to see what is entailed on there part for making the molds for the items and the associated costs. 

The reason I am doing this is that I have the upper half of the ladder for my CVZ but no lower half or hinges and from my searches they are very hard to find. I do have one step to make the casting from, but I would need someone willing to let me use their hinges to have a mold made.

So my question is would some one be willing to loan me the hinge set from their ladder if this company is willing to remake them?

Also, if this goes well I might look at having casts made for the hinges and steps for my starflite also.

1975 v-179 starflite

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: CVX/CVZ ladder parts gauging interest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »
I don't think you need to cast anything Brandon...this will work perfectly.  I would donate to the cause, the problem becomes that its all riveted together!

http://www.kingrichardco.com/boattophardware.htm

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline 75starflight

Re: CVX/CVZ ladder parts gauging interest
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:26:19 AM »
Found that set yesterday.
1975 v-179 starflite