Author Topic: Not sure if you folks remember me? but look what I did, one day before my B-Day  (Read 2781 times)

Offline buckz6319

Since it all started here on this great friendly forum. I thought I would update y'all on the progress of the Chap with the Mercruiser 140

my youngest daughter wanted to name the boat...

Loaded up and ready to go Sunday 7:30am

backed down the ramp at Lake Jackson, Ga for the first time since I started this project almost 2 years ago. The guy in the boat is my youngest daughters boyfriend, he is helping and watching for 15 minutes, for any signs of water entering the bilge area and there was none so we pulled up, unhooked the transom tie downs and bow hook, then slipped her into the water

waiting for me. I had to park the SUV..

The Admiral bringing up the rear lol, I'm coming behind her...

off we went:) after leaving the NO WAKE ZONE I give a piece sign and hammered down on the ole Mercruiser, she bogged down bout half throttle, but I was able to slowly power through it:) and get on plane, but think I have a carb issue. The other issue I had was the temp gauge jumped to bout 190* I shut her down immediately. I looked around the bilge area and engine, found that the  impeller pump supply hose came off while running bout 37mph..scared me! steam everywhere...I was able to fix this issue and then all was fine, with the exception of having to baby the throttle through that flat spot

My youngest being goofy lol..but enjoying the time on the lake

It was a great first water test IMO...nothing like being on the lake with family...and I need to fix those issues too

thanks to all who helped me with this rebuild thread:)
Please feel free to check out my new Forum

http://hookedonboatingforum.proboards.com/

Offline 75starflight

Congratulations Dwayne! Always great to see a project completed! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Rich_V174SS

• 1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
Awesome! It's worth it when it all comes together.
1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
1987 Mercruiser 190 3.7LX/Alpha One

1970 V176 Swinger
1983 Mercury 115

Offline buckz6319

thanks guys!!!!! for all the help and advice, now i need a bigger boat lol..everyone wants to go lakin lol
Please feel free to check out my new Forum

http://hookedonboatingforum.proboards.com/

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
Boat looks great, family looks happy, all is good! Sounds like it all paid off in the end. You will love the boat. Best of luck to you.

I agree, sounds like a carb issue.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline Fuzzbutt

• '77 Silver/White CVX16 Deluxe
    • Mykeeshond.com
That's awesome. And the result is what it was all about. Fun on the water.
"You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day."