General Category > General Discussion

Project Carla: 74' CV-16SS Restoration

<< < (2/34) > >>

thedeuceman:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thedeuceman:
sides were filled solid to the panels you see. battery sat in front of the motor, you can see the orig tray in the pix. the orig CV16V8 was only offered in a volvo so there was no trim pump.
i am loosing the foam and making storage there, i hope to find room in front of the motor on the starboard side for the trim pump.
another odd thing, ours did not have a blower in it either.

awc105:
Awesome! Thanks for the details guys!

I think I will be doing the same, making storage on either side. Ah yes, the volvo trim system was electric I think? I'm going try to fit the battery and trim pump up under there too, if it doesn't fit I'll probably end up doing the same. Seems like not having a blower would be against some sort of CG regulation? Then again I'm sure regulations weren't as strict back then. I also found it interesting that they just embedded the vent tubing and everything else in foam...

awc105:
Got some new goodies today!

A bunch more fiberglass materials, resin, 1708, mixing cups etc..but also some more interesting purchases.

I was tired of those cheap plastic pitots you normally get with a speedometer kit. I found this really nice adjustable stainless steel one for a pretty good price that includes a mounting bracket. They also sell a hinged bracket as well, which I will probably end up getting too.

I also ordered a refurbished Holley 4160 from ebasicpower. I found the correct 4V intake, PCV spacer, and throttle cable bracket on ebay. My flame arrestor was pretty rough looking so I found a new one of those too, only $32 and its a Barbron brand one just like the original from the mercruiser factory. They had several heights, but I bought the 3" tall one.

As far as work on the the boat, I have glued in some resin coated wood backing pieces around the perimeter of  the engine opening, this will be so I can reattach the factory engine cover flanges to make it look pseudo-factory-esque. With a bit of glass work and fairing anyway haha

Sadly we got a bit of snow here today too...

awc105:
Some more pics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version