Author Topic: GCOTD  (Read 974559 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
GCOTD
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
GCOTD ...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:01:16 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: GCOTD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
I don’t really want to sell it, I don’t have to sell it but I have the chance to purchase a mint, all original, CVX 20 and I won’t sell my Scimitar so I’m going to probe the marketplace for a OC-type like me who might want this Beauty!

I bought the boat from the second owner (original owner owned the boat for a bit over a year from new); a very low use (previous owner estimated that it had less than 120 hours on it and said this of his friend, the original owner, “he had built the motor up, cam and rollers shortly after he bought the boat from the local Glastron dealer”) and I probably have put 15 hours on it.

I had the boat transported (off-the-road) to California; when the boat went thru the State boarder inspection the State-employed Buffoon / Inspector insisted on seeing the “bilge” and before the transport driver knew it this 290 Lb Gorilla had cut the shrink-wrap and climbed up onto the engine cover damaging a near perfect all original boat (fractured the engine cover nearly all the way across -at the hinge). After a massive search for metal flake a really gifted “glass man” hand blended the flake to a perfect match, built up the cover (to make it more ridged), ground down the surface to the base color and re-shot the entire rear section of the boat to insure a perfect blending of both the gel-coat and the metal flake.

The trailer was disassembled and stripped. New wheel bearings, alloy wheels and tires, new lumber (redwood for the bunks and marine plywood for the steps) hardware and two new custom “tapered” fenders installed then painted (in Imron) and decaled to original – the only difference being that the original trailer decal said “GLASTRON” and the new one’s I had made state “GLASTRON-CARLSON”.

The original distributer had problems so it was replaced with a new HEI unit.
The original carburetor had been rebuilt by the previous owner however it was not functioning correctly; a new (not rebuilt) unit was installed.
The original “MR” series drive had failed; I elected to replace it with a new Alpha 1 unit.
Three of the original gauges were not working and finding suitable OEM replacements was not possible; all gauges were replaced, all but the tach and speedo fit into the original openings, modifications were required (to the original panel) to fit the larger diameter tach and speedo.
The upholstery required some stitching and panel replacement; I had upholstery made-to-match the original.  After this I was able to find a full-roll of material that retains the “marbling” look of the original, enough to redo the entire boat at some point and only if the existing were to be damaged. The upholstery, as it is, is exceptional. The carpet appears to be the original. The stern, floor and stringers are all solid. The boat has always been stored indoors.
The top and hull finishes are also exceptional. There are two very fine (so fine I can’t photograph them and only visible in soft light) spiders - one on each side of the boat @ the gunwale – approx. 18-20” from the trailing edge of the windshield frame.
Performance: The engine sounds “hearty” at idle! I’m not prone to firewalling the boat but I can tell you that acceleration (love the sound of the secondary’s) once the boat plains-out is a head-snapper and the top-end is somewhere beyond 68.5 mph (the last gps reading I was able to read before my skin color started to change!) I figure there’s another 4-7 mph left in it but I haven’t got the nerve to find out.

The Boat looks great in the pictures; it looks better in person and draws attention were ever I’ve taken it. I know that an $18k price tag may seem extreme and though well under what I’ve got tied up in it for what the boat represents someone may find it reasonable particularly if they were to go thru the expense of reproducing a CVX 18 of this quality and originality.

If you’ve a serious interest or know of someone who might feel free to PM me and we’ll exchange phone numbers. Curtis

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
1978 Glastron w/85 Johnson and trailer - $2900 (Bellaire, Mi
https://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/d/1978-glastron-85-johnson-and/6401777963.html

Great little boat, don't let the age scare you this boat is ready to be used. Only 15' long offers unmatched performance for someone wanting to rip around the lake this summer. seats only 4 people and has a closed bow.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:49:43 AM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
Glastron CVX16 SS - $950 (Lilburn
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/d/glastron-cvx16-ss/6342202955.html

Glastron Carlson CVX16SS for sale, this is a project boat that needs transom fixed. I have all interior that needs redoing, everything is there to have a nice boat. No blistering on hull, has the 3.0 mercruiser engine with mercruiser out drive. The trailer has new trailer light wiring with new submersible lights, alone is worth 500.00 and the windshield is worth about 500.00. These boats were featured in many James Bond 007 movies. Engine and out drive are currently removed. I don't have time for another project right now so it has to go. If you parted it out could easily get 2000 back. Current registration till July of 2019

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:11:30 AM »
1970 Jetflight - $5000 (Ashland
https://northernwi.craigslist.org/boa/d/1970-jetflight/6350866474.html

Selling my 1970 Glastron 14 ft Jetflight. This has been redone with new floor, transom, upholstery, wiring, carpet etc..
Has 75 hp Mercury. Asking $5000

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:54 AM »
Carlson Ski Boat 115 Yamaha Engine Glastron Trailor - $2100 (Clovis
https://clovis.craigslist.org/boa/d/carlson-ski-boat-115-yamaha/6381290179.html

CONTACT INFO IS THE SECOND PHOTO Carlson Ski Boat 115 Yamaha Engine Glastron Trailor. Needs Upholestry.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:26:45 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »
1980 Glastron - $2100 (East side
https://madison.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-glastron/6363085835.html

This has a 140 hp evenrude that runs great . It's s great boat for skiing tubing and you can fish if you want . I don't want to store it . My loss is your gain . 2100.00 runs great .

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »
16' speed boat with 90 hp mercury - $4990
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/16-speed-boat-with-90-hp/6364416697.html

16'8" 1985 Glastron with 2005 Mercury 90 hp 2 stroke.
Boat is in excellent condition, does not need any money or work put into it!
Engine completely rebuilt and turnkey. Motor alone is worth that price.
Ready for water , This boat will not last

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
16' Glastron GT - $7162 (Palm City, Fl)
https://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/d/16-glastron-gt/6372737034.html

Glastron 1971 GT 16' runabout completely restored. See pictures of restoration. New : stringers, transsum, floor, seats, rug, entire upholstery, instruments, controls, windshield, running lights, cover, fuel tank, swim ladder. Restoration cost $5,162.00 for parts and materials, motor is 1988 Mercury 115, tower of power. With a 21" skiing prop and 2 people in the boat it will do 64 mph at 4,200 rpm and motor could turn up to 5,500 rpm if you have the nerve to try. The boat is excellent for waterskiing and can pull from a deep water start three skiers on slalom skis

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:17:50 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »
1980 Glastron GT150 - $3500 (Methuen
https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-glastron-gt150/6365434922.html

A Glastron GT 150 2005 Mercury 90 hp bought new with new controls stainless steel prop new floor with marine ply. fiber glass over ply. Seats new marine ply. all recovered two tone. put hour meter in when bought motor 39 hr I will have to find my bill of sale to see what year I bought the motor. Boat is registered in NH never titled it

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 09:14:25 AM »
As seen on James Bond , Live and let die / $4,800
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/winnipeg/as-seen-on-james-bond-live-and-let-die/1306779918?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1980 Glastron CVX-16, Carlson Signature Series with original Evinrude 115hp/1632cc. And easy loader trailer. Has some damage from last year's snow load. Good winter resto project. Parts easily available online. stereo, bilge pump, fishfinder, removable ski bar, power tilt, spare prop. Flies like a rocket.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »
1978 CVX16 / $5000
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-bateau/ville-de-quebec/glastron-1978/1287714429?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Moteur neuf facture a l'appuis va comme un neuf rien a faire mais oublier pas que cest un 1978

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
1978 Glastron Carlson CV23HT
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=7474.0

Project Glastron CV23 - $800 (Grain valley
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/d/project-glastron-cv23/6377227071.html

1978 Glastron CV23ht. This boat is a project, it has no wwindshield because it was 1 of 300 hard top version made to promote the James bond movie moonraker. The hard top is long gone but mounting brackets remain. The original 350 was replaced with a rebuilt 4 bolt main, it was winterized but left unchecked still locked up. It has the 898 outdrive. This it a very complete boat and would make a great restoration project. It does come with a shorelandr tilt trailer also built in 1978. I do have both titles but my name is written, so it will take two weeks to get the new ones.
I will entertain trades.
Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:08:16 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
1973 Glastron GT-160 w/1977 85hp Evinrude V4 Orig. - $1500 (Hot Springs
https://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/d/1973-glastron-gthp-evinrude/6378938914.html

For sale is my 1973 (same year they made the movie "Live & Let Die" 007 James Bond) Glastron GT-160 with a 1977 Evinrude
85 h.p Crossfire V-4 . Original green gel-coat with white GT stripes,original GT gauges , GT steering wheel, GT plaques, interior,seats,nav lights,chrome cleats,dash ect....! On original "Highlander" trailer. Been covered and on the trailer since last registered. There is a soft spot or two on the floor when I bought her in 2005 that I covered with aluminium sheet metal under the carpet. The hull and stringers are solid as a rock. The top floor under the carpet would be easy to replace if one wanted too. The compression on all four cylinders were from 110 to 118 and has a new power pack and stater. Coils,stater,plugs,power pack tested all good by Anderson Marine. Has dual carbs and they need a carb kit and fuel line. Fuel pump rebuilt when trailer-ed. Impeller pumping fine when trailer-ed. Lower unit has no issues at all and had fresh fluid when trailer-ed. You supply the battery and fuel tank (I used a 6 gallon plastic) Steering is fine and so is Control center and key start (automatic choke is operated by the key). Navigation lights work fine. The passenger side trailer tire has a slow leak on the valve stem and the tongue ,where the ball slips in is a little tricky but usable ( missing the spring). This boat turned heads, young and old, at every dock and on the water! Very quick and will turn on a dime. Glastron specs dry weight of the hull is 600lbs!!! Aqua Lift II hull provides a quick plane and awesome maneuverability . Two ski eyes,Bow Eyes,enclosed forward ski compartment,foam flotation, Length, Center line 16' 2-1/4" , beam 76-3/4" , Transom width 76-1/2" , Depth 33-7/8" . Throw a carb kit on,fuel line, battery and a tank and she is ready for the water as she sits!!! The second to last picture is a copy of the 1973 Glastron GT-160 advertisement!!! The last picture is 2006 right before I trailered it.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »
$400 price drop ...

15' glastron - $1400 (Worcester
https://worcester.craigslist.org/boa/d/15-glastron/6369166459.html

15'glastron new seats in very good shape needs a tilt motor 1991 90hp mercury runs good dose 54mph with one person trailer original to the boat as is can hear it running only serious buyers can be put in the water 1400 obo

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
1972 Glastron GT160 - $1500 (Princeton
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/d/1972-glastron-gt160/6379203311.html

I have had this boat for a longtime. Been in heated storage but, building is being sold and closes Jan 1st. So, with regret it's time to let go.
The GT 160 has a Mercury (same year) 115. Rebuilt lower unit and had in water shortly after that. Made it 100 feet and engine died. Distributor is shot. I had other things going on at the time and just stored it. couple years ago i acquired another boat with same motor Mercury 115 with factory power trim & tilt. This boat, motor and trailer comes with the sale. So, all the parts are there to fix or just replace engine all together. Both trailers in great shape; the Glastron trailer has newer axle with bearings and all lights work. 1 tire leaks out after about 2 weeks. Other trailer tires hold air, not sure about lights, they did work when parked. Please check out pics and contact with questions.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »
1989 Glastron Carlson Signature Series - $2500
https://racine.craigslist.org/boa/d/1989-glastron-carlson/6380779029.html

Hello, I'm selling my 89 19' Glastron boat. It is the Carlson Signature Series. It is equipped with a new Jasper 350 horsepower outboard engine. Has under 200 hours. Rear seal is missing, so the boat takes on water. No holes or damage to the fiberglass.
Please call Paul and leave a message. Texting not available.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »
Hot rod boat project - $2500
https://dubuque.craigslist.org/boa/d/hot-rod-boat-project/6377618912.html

I bought this a couple years ago with intentions on painting it up and having something my kids and I can put together, then enjoy together. But it's been inside storage for almost 3 years and I doubt I'll get to it anytime soon. Plus, I need capital for my business so it's time to go.
I'm an artist and I had some great ideas for this thing, if you want to pay me to create my vision we may be able to work together on the project to make this thing the baddest little glasstron the Mississippi has ever seen.
Here's what I know about the boat.
1978 glasstron Carlton.
The boat got taken apart to have new floors put it, and they were done by a professional whom is a boating genius in these parts.
This is when I acquired the boat.
I know it needs some wiring, carpet, and seat put in ( and I have seats, in great condition)
I know it was winterized and shrink wrapped when I bought it.
Trailer included obviously

Here's what I don't know.
Anything that was done to the motor, I really am not sure. I was told a reputable engine guy went through it, I believe at minimum cleaned the carbs, but can't promise anything engine related. Last time I talked to this engine guy he said it should run no doubt.
Price is steep, I'm aware. But it has so much potintial to be a real bitchin boat I'm going to shoot high. Sorry for the rotten pics.
(Fenders aren't included)
Tim

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 04:59:56 PM »
$1000 price drop ...

Also, in my previous description, I did not explain the “modern paint scheme” very well. All of the colors and design are actually a vinyl wrap overlay. The original Emerald Mist metal flake is directly underneath the wrap, so if you wanted the boat to look original, it’s just a matter of removing the wrap. I also reduced the price by a thousand dollars, which is a little less than the offer I had accepted. Send me a private message if you’re interested.

1980 Glastron-Carlson Scimitar - $15900 (Henderson, NV
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/d/1980-glastron-carlson-scimitar/6383136373.html

About the Scimitar:

If you already know what a Glastron-Carlson Scimitar is, you already know how rare, unique, and cool it is! If you aren't familiar with this special boat, you are looking at what is arguably one of the coolest and unusual sport boats ever designed and built. Featuring removable transparent T-Tops and a sleek sports car-like design, this model was built by legendary performance boat builder, Art Carlson. Art joined forces with Glastron, and the partnership created some of the most modern and beautiful fiberglass boats ever seen. The Scimitar is considered by many to be Art's crowning achievement. With moderate production numbers, and worldwide distribution, they are becoming increasingly difficult to find in good condition here in the United States.

About this Boat:

It took me three years to find this one, after passing on a few that were either total restoration projects with missing key parts, or completely restored versions with astronomically-high price tags. This boat was in, and is still in, very good semi-original condition. Modifications include a more modern paint scheme, but with the original Emerald Mist metal flake still running along the center-line of the boat, as seen in the photos. The interior upholstery also has been changed, and additional panels added. Thru-hull exhaust pipes were added, as well.

I know some aspects of the history of this boat, as given to me by the previous owner, which I can share further with serious inquiries. I have owned the boat for about two years, and unfortunately, I just don't have enough free time to enjoy it as much as I'd like. In fact, I have only put about 6 hours on the boat since I purchased it. I am apparently the fourth owner of this boat, which has always been on the west coast. The previous owner stated that he was told the boat had always been stored inside (and it still is with me). I believe this to be true based on its condition - the floor and transom are solid. The engine, a 350CI/260HP Mercruiser, had been previously overhauled, and when I acquired the boat, I had the engine checked, the carb replaced, the water pump and seals replaced on the lower unit, and a few other things. I also had a dual battery system installed. There is a new Bluetooth marine Radio/CD/USB player installed also, but the speakers are due to be replaced. All four tires on the trailer were also replaced, and have only a few hundred miles on them, including the short trip to the Colorado River earlier this week.

There are some minor blemishes in the paint and gel coat which are visible when standing very close, but overall, this is a really nice example of this rare boat model. It is an absolute blast to drive, and people literally line up on the dock to take videos and photos when I launch. So, expect some attention if you decide to buy this one! I have video clips of my recent outing on the Colorado River a few days ago, which show the boat in action (from the driver's seat), which I can send. I realize that this boat is very rare, and it gets lots of attention, but PLEASE, only contact me if you are serious about purchasing. As I mentioned, available time is a challenge for me. With that said, if you're serious and would like to schedule a time to view the boat, let me know and we'll work it out. The boat is located in the Las Vegas area. I will only consider a cash sale - no trades.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:53:32 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
90 css28 glastron big twinn or trade - $30000
https://tucson.craigslist.org/boa/d/90-css28-glastron-big-twinn/6385265416.html

90 glastron css28, 95%restored 1hr on twinn 454's w/merc bravo 1's, new white apholstry /with black piping, up top. Motor dyno sheets included, bothe motors did 450 hp. Runs great!!! Very fast!!! Sounds tough!!! 3 axle / disc brakes Load master alum trailer beautiful boat and trailer! Looking to trade for a motor coach class c of equal value.

Gregg
'76 CV16