General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

New member from Minnesota

<< < (2/8) > >>

Hyperacme:
Might have had some old CVX16SS stickers left from pre 1979 CVX's ?
Dosen't look like the one pictured in brochure has a bow sticker ?
Wondering if his steering wheel is original also ?

1982CVX16:
Thanks for all the replies and information.  As far as I know the steering wheel is what came with the boat back in 1982.  I've been looking for pictures from back then to verify this.   But I have never had the steering wheel changed.  It has always looked like that.  If you look closely there is "wood" trim in the middle of the steering wheel which matches the "wood" trim around the inside of the boat. 

I'm a little reluctant to post the whole serial number but the first three characters are GCV and the last four are M82C.  I have been told that those last four characters indicate a 1982 boat.  Interesting when I went out to get the serial number I discovered that one digit in the original sales receipt and the MN registration had been incorrect since the boat was new, so I called the MN DNR to get that fixed. 

The boat has a sticker on the bow with SS, so I will take pictures and add them here, and probably take a few more pictures as well.  Any special requests for pictures? 

The boat lives indoors for most of the time, which is why it is in such good shape.  The trailer is up on blocks for the winter. 

It usually gets comments whenever I take it out. 

Hyperacme:
If you look at bottom picture I posted above, that is the steering wheel that was used from that time frame.
I'll try to find a better picture of one.
Not saying your wrong or anything, just interesting ..We learn new stuff all the time about G/C boats ..

How to read your "Hull identification number".
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=5964.0

EDITED … Your would have been built in October 1981. EDITED
Sorry for the confusion ..

Seem like there are more boats with incorrect SN's or build dates on titles then there are one's that are correct !
As far as we know the number you didn't give is your hulls number, we think .. LOL
Understand not wanting to post it on internet ..

This link is to most of or boats ... "Glastron / Carlson serial numbers"
 http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=8012.msg117978#msg117978

Your CVX should also have a plate on throttle board, does it look like one pictured below ?
"Glastron/Carlson  ..  Anaheim, California"

Of course we would love to see more pictures of your CVX !

Hyperacme:
1981 C512 steering wheel

Oldfishguy:
Awesome!

In original condition, and original owner . . . that is a rare thing.  For most of us by the time our machines come to us they have been passed around a bit.  And then members of this group bring them back to life repairing the neglect of others.  Your the rare original owner that cared for the machine and obviously had a lot of pride.

Looks like a great family heirloom you have created in one generation.

Welcome.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version