Author Topic: Evinrude 225 Outboard needs new owner  (Read 3218 times)

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
Evinrude 225 Outboard needs new owner
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »
Got this from Don M.

Evinrude 225 Outboard needs new owner (I-70 & Hwy K)
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/4765668468.html

1994 Evinrude 225/2 Stroke/25" shaft outboard motor (E225TXETF). Runs rough, had Evinrude stealership service recently and they wanted $3200 to repair the outboard. I went out and bought a brand spanking new Yamaha. Motor is off the boat and on a pallet in O'Fallon MO and can be viewed, inspected, kicked, photographed, tested, insulted or worshiped anytime. Starter, tilt, trim, cooling, power pack, stator all working. Needs new VRO pump or you can run pre-mix. Carbs need cleaning/rebuilt/love. I do not have a stand or a way to secure it to start it up. Engine weighs approx. 480 lb., includes binnacle controls, ignition switch, oil tank, stainless steel propeller and State of Missouri Title. I can forklift it into your Camaro or help deliver locally. This is a simple and reliable 2 stroke vV6 looper motor and parts are affordable and available.
 When this motor was new gasoline was $1.15 a gallon, Clinton was President, OJ was cruising in a white Bronco and Cotton-Eyed Joe and Tootsie Roll were spinning on your walkman. Great winter project. In spring place this global warming inducing monster on your canoe or jon boat and make the local news with your incredible speed and remain anonymous behind a cloud of emmisions.
 Make an offer, or come steal this please......interesting trades considered. Please no energy suckers or time wasters.