Author Topic: Thanks to Dan & Courtney!  (Read 8139 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Thanks to Dan & Courtney!
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Just wanted to throw out a huge 'Thank you' to Dan & Courtney for all their hard work & efforts in making the 1st Iowa meet a success!

Thanks again guys!  See you in August!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline WetRaider

Re: Thanks to Dan & Courtney!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »
Doran, we appreciate that.
Both of us want to thank you, too.  Courtney says you're a very nice man and a great dad to Marissa and that we should try and get together for dinner in Des Moines sometime.  She'd like to meet Nikki.

Thank you for all the videos and pictures.  Thanks for being an impromptu point man while I was running around crazy at the last minute.  And, thank you for picking up our tent and cooler in Des Moines on your way down.
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
I agree with you Doran, you 2 did a wonderful job. Amber and I can't wait until next year!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline bambam

• 1974 V-184 Crestflite
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
Dan you did a great job of setting this all up Sara the Kids, Quimby and I all had a great time.

I also want to thank everyone who helped me out this weekend, I had people helping me with everything from launching the boat to Setting up camp, I don't think that we could have made the trip without you all.
limping through life's little suprises

Offline Terry_Curran

• Donate members
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
Thank you Dan and Courtney for a wonderful weekend/event!  We're glad to have made the trip and will try and make next years meet as well.  Your 2 children were a delight to have in our boat as we "bounced" our way to and from the beach/show on Saturday with them laughing, giggling, and having a good time.

Terry

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
Dan, Courtney and Kids
Thank you all for the great weekend, I know it was a lot of work but much appreciated on my end.
Look forward to next year had a fantastic time I know you didn't get the 150 wet but it is not all about boating just as much fun hanging out with great people.

Thanks again Jeff
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline Tmstibbe

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »
Dan and Courtney:

From La Crosse, WI -  Many thanks for planning the weekend.  We enjoyed the whole thing, and got home sound and safe.  Hit some rain on the way home, so the 19CSS received a wash down and we had to open up all the compartments to let it dry out.  I learned there is a leak either at the bow eye or from one of the bolt connections on the bow deck center line stainless railing.  Had a small puddle of water near the nose, inside the crawl in cuddy.  I will have to seal up the bolts with some silicon clear caulk.       
Tom and Mary

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »
Jeff, I agree.  I would have liked to have our own in the water, but I had so much fun anyway I couldn't imagine it being a better time just because my own boat was in the water.  What I need to do is get Courtney comfortable behind the wheel so we can launch with her in the boat - that'd leave me free to do the running around and health department inspections, etc.  Maybe by Red Wing.  Courtney has dubbed you "that boater guy" - she loved the CSX18.  Thank you for coming out.  

Tom & Mary, I was glad to see you.  Not sure how I missed you at the cabins on Friday when I did a drive through looking for other members of the group.  I was really looking forward to seeing the CSS19 - wanted Courtney to see it.  It's a slick looking boat.  Amazing that you pull it with that Element.  I use to drive a Ford Ranger and know I loaded it down way more than capacity and had no trouble with it.  Get your leak fixed up.  I just replaced the bow & stern eyes on mine - replaced the rotted plywood backer with solid oak wrapped in CSM & resin.  Only made sense to replace those while I had the boat taken apart.  Hopefully you won't have too much trouble getting to yours.

Terry & Nancy, Thank you both for coming all the way from Indianapolis and for taking the kids out.  Without question, the rides to and from the "Boats On The Beach" show were my son's favorite part of the whole weekend.  My daughter had such a good time all the way around that she can't put anything as her favorite.  I like to let ours porpoise through the water with the kids - for some reason it's extra fun to them.  I'll be looking for a stainless grab rail, though, to make my daughter comfortable.

Brian, Sara & kids - thank you all for making the trip.  I'd blame more of those Saturday loading troubles on me than I would on the boat.  I can't hear worth a flip & wasn't doing something right.  It rode quite nicely from the back of the camp grounds around the tip and back up to the state park launch.  

Brandon, Amber - Thank you, too.  Amber, I hope your asthma came under control for you on Sunday.  I can't imagine having to deal with that.  The boat looks fantastic, especially that interior.  It really came together nicely - the pictures show well, but not AS WELL as seeing in person.

Dan O'Connor

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
Dan and Courtney,

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this event. Rathbun ended up being a great lake I plan on visiting again along with meeting even more glastron freaks. Thanks again, see you in Red Wing.
'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
Wished I could have made it, but knew I couldn't ...
I'll be there next year for sure !

It's guys like you and Brian that make this addiction GREAT !

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Tim - it was nice to meet you.  When the wind drops off in the evenings, there are looooong stretches of lake with water like glass.  It can be a really, really fun lake.  Plenty of room to play.  Your screen name/handle is still fish in ... next time bring your poles.  There's a walleye hatchery on the outlet side of the dam - I've pulled some good walleye and catfish out of that lake.

Gregg, it would have been nice to meet you out here.  I had a good time planning the event, learned a few things.  Tucked a few ideas away for next year.  I can't wait to see how Red Wing goes, there is probably plenty for me to learn.

Dan O'Connor

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »
Wished I could have made it, but knew I couldn't ...
I'll be there next year for sure !

It's guys like you and Brian that make this addiction GREAT !

I second Gregg's post in every way!

Thanks for the great posts you guys. The bond between our chapters is strong, and will only grow stronger as the years go by!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite