Author Topic: NEED SOME ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS CVX JET KEEP IT OR SELL IT?  (Read 12005 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: NEED SOME ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS CVX JET KEEP IT OR SELL IT?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
Mike got the first one, Jerry got the last one, but this one is going to my grandson, done told him, can't get out of that  :)
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Jerry

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

His mind never stops working and doing what no one else would try, with great results.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
I wish I was around some of you guys I sure would like to learn how to fiberglass.

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
just keep hanging around, there is a lot to learn here, in the meantime ... what do you want for your old boat ?  being that it's in Nevada, and this is a north eastern website, and I'd meet you half way :) 
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »
just keep hanging around, there is a lot to learn here, in the meantime ... what do you want for your old boat ?  being that it's in Nevada, and this is a north eastern website, and I'd meet you half way :) 

Are you going to part it out?

My 85 GMC 2500 3/4 gets about 10 to 12 MPG  have to get some very high dolla to meet half way! :}

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »
thats about the milage I get with my little motor home pulling the scimitar, down hill   :D
Really ... I don't think I'm interested in your cvx-20 anymore, just thought I'd ask, if one shows up by winter, good deal, if not, don't matter to me.  I'd probably just cut in half if I had it anyway, and I wouldn't want to up-set anyone.
 but I'm not afraid to stick a saw into one.

1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Burnin Daylight

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »
Red, I know where there's one at down by Murray.  Don't know if its for sale or have.
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »
Let's check it out
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 10:38:37 AM »
thats about the milage I get with my little motor home pulling the scimitar, down hill   :D
Really ... I don't think I'm interested in your cvx-20 anymore, just thought I'd ask, if one shows up by winter, good deal, if not, don't matter to me.  I'd probably just cut in half if I had it anyway, and I wouldn't want to up-set anyone.
 but I'm not afraid to stick a saw into one.

Thats fine Red I would prefer to sell it to sombody that will keep it in one peice. But I apprceciate the interest.
I wish I could find some people like you guys around here I got a rare boat I need to turn over and can't hire nor get any help and it just sits and rots:{

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:53:10 AM by dorelse »

Offline Jerry

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »
I pulled one back from Sacramento through Donner Pass with 3' of snow. Long trip. Where are you at?

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »
I pulled one back from Sacramento through Donner Pass with 3' of snow. Long trip. Where are you at?

Well that is a lot closer. I live in Elko thanks.

*edited so reply is outside the Quote box. ~dorelse
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:18:10 PM by dorelse »

Offline Jerry

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
I live in Minnesota. I love Elko. first time there was 1965l It was a small town in the middle of nowhere. It's a lot bigger now, but the Polar Bear is still at the Commercial Hotel. what are you doing with boats in the middle of the desert? no wonder you can't sell it. Move to Minnesota. Everyone has their own lake here.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »
An Elko story.
we stayed at the Commercial and I was up all night playing cards and Dottie went to bed, so in the morning I went in the back seat to sleep. We had a 64 Dodge Polara Convert with a 426. We had been on the rodr for about 1/2 hr and she woke me up'
"Jerry"
what?
"Are you sure there's no speed limit in Nevada?"
There's no speed limit, Why?
"There's a car gaining on me"
how fast you going?
"I don't know the speedo only goes to 120"
Maybe you should slow down
Well the lights came on and a nice patrolman came up and told her the sign said "Resume safe speed" and I had you on radar at over 120 MPH. Slow down please.
"yes sir"

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
An Elko story.
we stayed at the Commercial and I was up all night playing cards and Dottie went to bed, so in the morning I went in the back seat to sleep. We had a 64 Dodge Polara Convert with a 426. We had been on the rodr for about 1/2 hr and she woke me up'
"Jerry"
what?
how fast you going?
Well the lights came on and a nice patrolman came up and told her the sign said "Resume safe speed" and I had you on radar at over 120 MPH. Slow down please.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah that is funny nice car a convert with a wedge 4 speed? How long did you have the car? I had a chance to buy a 426 wedge convert here this year but it needed total resto and there was no engine. I would of loved to get it but I just didnt have the shop space to restore it and the engine was gone.
"yes sir"

Offline sledneck67

• 79 cvx-16 dlx /79 merc 1150.My son,Logan
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
How much are you going to want for boat?I have a motor that will work,its a 460 with a big cam bored 30 over alum. heads all the goodes it was in a drag boat my buddy had.
Larry                                                                 1975 CV-16V8 /1979 CVX-16 Dlx sold,want a CVX-20 jet project.

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
Your the guy I want to sell it to. Tell you what give me a couple of days to get it out and clean it up and take some good pictures I want to clean the seats the front seats have been recovered and the back ones have been recovered let me get every thing out of it and lay out all the parts. One of the tires is flat went and got some new tires yesterday for it but I am on a customers boat today and had to take my Mom to the hospital Sunday just now gettting back on track. She is doing a lot better. Once I have every thing cleaned up and some good pictures I will come up with a figure. It will do me good to see this go to a good home and back in the water! Give me a couple of days ok ?  I will PM you and give you my email address. Thanks

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »
An Elko story.
"Jerry"
what?
how fast you going?
"yes sir"

Good one.  ;D
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag