Author Topic: high volume water circulating pump?  (Read 7603 times)

Offline california special

Re: high volume water circulating pump?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
thanks for all the feed back guys. my boat doesnt over heat by the way. even after a ruthless airborn beating in might creep to 150. wich is def wierd for no t-stat. i will instal a merc pump kit. i have seen those impeller hubs spun out Rich. BUT i did not know that was an issue being seen. like those new style MPI distributor caps. Red i always thought those check balls were there to prevent water from draining out of the risers and top of the block when the motor is off. if you look how the gen IIs are plumed they dont even have a riser inlet. theres so many different ways to plumb these things. i like the feed back on the minnesota site. from now on im posting all my stuff here. you guys are like me. ill post pics and spec on my boat. those manifolds are cast iron. Red do you run a high volume pump or just aluminum?
just marine tex it!

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
I run the hv pump on my stroker, with dry joint EMI manifolds, but I may change it to standard flow ?
the last 357 I built for Barb "Burnin Daylight" has the aluminum GLM wet joint maniflods, aluminum pump
we are building one now for her "Hot Knots" running the EMI thunder manifolds, dry joint and aluninum pump.  I'm a little concerned about the hv pumps increasing the risk of inversion with  performance cams
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline california special

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
they got those cross over tubes too. those water pump delete kits. its supposed to eliminate drag and free up some hp. but over here in NY we got a short season i just wanna wack the key an go for a ride after work ya kno
just marine tex it!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
.........i just wanna wack the key an go for a ride after work ya kno

Ha! I with you there!
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O