General Category > General Discussion

1980 CVZ 18 restoration

<< < (2/23) > >>

Chippy:
Ok guys got the engine out have a question. The floor and stringers are crap BUT the transom looks good!!! What would you do here? Can I leave this transom in and enhance it, or since I'm this far do I redo it?

Chippy:
I'm trying to post more pics but it's saying upload ability full? I'm using pics from my iPhone?

Plugcheck:
From the pictures the transom looks ok, however, the same can be said of the stringers.  IMHO, if I were going to leave the transom intact, I would drill a few "probing" holes to check for moisture.  You will be sanding where the stringers attach, so it's easy to check those areas as well.  My cvz transom was like new halfway up, bottom half held together with resin/glass. 

Hyperacme:
Have you poked around below bolt holes ?
Didn't Doran dig out bottom half of his transom and repair with Seacast ?

Chippy:
Bolt holes were all solid. I'm thinking if I'm doing this I want to be ready for the next 20 years with it. I'm going to do the transom but might rethink the Coosa board as after seeing how well this basically held up with the way the factory did it, i will get many more years with the way this boat will be looked after. It will be interesting to see what the base of the transom looks like next to the stringers.
I really appreciate your guys input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version