Author Topic: CGOAIA.com is up!  (Read 8464 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
CGOAIA.com is up!
« on: August 26, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
Its been a long time coming, but...there seems to be a growing number of Iowans on the boards these days.

I've created a pretty basic (but functional) CGOAIA.com website that will direct folks here for discussion.

This site is already the home for a lot of us neighboring out of staters.  So rather than a separate site, with separate discussion forums, Brian and I feel we're better off keeping us connected at a local regional forum, rather than diluting memberships just b/c we live a little bit farther South.

Not a ton of content yet, but feel free to look around:

http://www.cgoaia.com/

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:21:28 PM by dorelse »
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: CGOAIA.com is up!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
Whens the big Iowa meet ?

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Whens the big Iowa meet ?

Dunno...'wetraider' would like to get something together early in the season, late May, early June timeframe.  He lives by Lake Rathbun (http://www.honeycreekresort.com/) and I believe will be working on it.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:36:21 PM »
Website looks good Doran. I think that resort looks like a fun place for a meet next spring/summer.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
Great job on the site, Doran.
Yes, I am working on a tentative Memorial Day Weekend at Rathbun.  I figure many of the other members will have an opportunity for an extended weekend that will remove some of the time restraints involved in travel.
Lake Rathbun is an impoundment on the Chariton River in Southern Iowa.  It is the second largest body of water in the state and at normal levels is 11,000 acres.  There are two operating marinas, many public ramps (the streets have just been repaved this summer, new striping is currently underway), beaches, campsites everywhere, and the resort Doran had linked to.  I am currently trying to pitch the event to the resort (they offer cabin rentals & regular hotel room rentals - the hotel facility has a restaurant, bar & indoor "waterpark," and large outdoor firepit) and am requesting concessions in the way of free or reduced slip fees, drink coupons/discounts for the bar, maybe "group rates" for the rooms if there are enough members who'd rather have the room.  
Because I have not attended the MN event, I don't know how many of you are campers and prefer your tents and trailers, vs. those of you who'd like the convenience of a hotel room, etc.  
As I get the planning under way, I'll post event ideas and ask for a vote.
Wish I could have made the Red Wing meet.  It will be nice to meet some of you all and see these boats in person.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:19:40 PM by WetRaider »
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Nice start. It would be great to see other active state sites start popping up. More places to play! :)
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline 84carlson

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »
Looks good, us Nebraskan's would enjoy going over to Iowa for a meet.

Joe

Lincoln Ne

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
I went to my first annual meet here in MN just this month and had a blast! Having gone to college at Coe in Cedar Rapids it would be fun to go down to IA again with the boat this time! Keep the details coming and I'll come down for sure!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite