Author Topic: sunpad engine cover  (Read 2290 times)

Offline terry

sunpad engine cover
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:19:22 PM »
has anyone ever done a temporary repair on rotted wood under the hinges of a sunpad?i was thinking of getting a thin piece of diamond plate about 5in wide and 5ft long and screw it to the good wood then sheet metal the hinges on or i could even get short nuts and bolts to mount hinges then screw the plate to the good wood.i know the right way is to replace the wood but it is rotted the width of the hinge only.this diamond plate is as thick as a drywall t-square.just looking for a good way to do it that will look good till it can be done right.looking to turn a project into some $.
terry/sandee - 1978 cvx 16 deluxe-modified 2000 100hp johnson.78 cvx16-140 mercury.87 stratos vt rocket 225 Yamaha v-max.

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: sunpad engine cover
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
I need to see pictures of your CVZ on the water before I can answer your question ... LOL

Must be on the Baja ?
Takes forever to pull staples out of vinyl and not rip it up, but once that's done the rest is easy ...
Might be more rot then you think once you get it apart ...

Can we see pictures of your CVZ now ?

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »
I need to see pictures of your CVZ on the water before I can answer your question ... LOL

Must be on the Baja ?
Takes forever to pull staples out of vinyl and not rip it up, but once that's done the rest is easy ...
Might be more rot then you think once you get it apart ...

Can we see pictures of your CVZ now ?

I think the Baja is gone already...?
1990 Sierra 1700

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »
CVZ's don't have sun pads ... Do they ?

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »
well the story on the cvz is i was ready to buy it then things got tight with money and i told don i would have to pass on his boat.well several weeks later i came across a 1993 20 ft hotshot the newer boats are known as outlaws but its the same lines as a hotshot.i got a smokin deal on this boat with a low hour 4.3 mercury lx.what im looking to do is turn this boat for a small profit and after talking to doran i am looking at a cvx20 jet.thats what i really am looking for and want.don and barbs boat was vantastic but light in the motor department for me.
terry/sandee - 1978 cvx 16 deluxe-modified 2000 100hp johnson.78 cvx16-140 mercury.87 stratos vt rocket 225 Yamaha v-max.