Author Topic: GCOTD  (Read 1191478 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: GCOTD
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »
Nice seats ..

Bateau à vendre avec 17 pied pour bricoleur avec un 2ème moteur / Trois-Rivières, QC / $1,000
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-boat-watercraft/trois-rivieres/bateau-a-vendre-avec-17-pied-pour-bricoleur-avec-un-2eme-moteur/1363917287?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Bateau glastron moteur fonctionne plus , j ai un 2ème moteur pour pièce payer 350$ chez Adam marine trois rivière , car je ne connais pas la mécanique moteur 85 force mercurie, avec un peu d amour sa fera un jolie petit bateau pas trop cher ,, vendu tel quel avec trailler
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
1978 Glastron GT 150 with easy loader trailer / Melville, SK / $5,900
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/regina/1978-glastron-gt-150-with-easy-loader-trailer/1378600112?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Metallic silver, grey interior, stereo, 90 hp Merc engine. Excellent condition. Always stored inside, tarp included.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »
*** More pictures on eBay ***

1972 Glastron CV16SS / Tupelo, Mississippi / Starting bid: $2,200
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223227345094

Up for auction is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for a Glastron collector or enthusiast to purchase a "James Bond" boat with ALL KEY MECHANICAL backed up or recently replaced - trailer, engine and outdrive!!
Being a big 007 fan I have wanted a 70's model Glastron ever since I watched Rodger Moore race around Louisiana bayous in Live and Let Die. Three years ago I found this Glastron and also found a slightly newer AQ130C engine and Volvo Penta 280 outdrive.  The engine turned over but did not run, so I bought both.  I spent the next summer swapping the engines and only ran her a few times this summer. This boat is a true survivor that turns heads in its current condition, but also has the potential to be a show boat if restored by somebody with the knowledge and skill to do so.
This boat is WAY COOL and I hate to see it go, but I need the space in my garage to park a camper I just purchased.  While I don't know everything there is to know about the boat, I do know the engine runs very smoothly as does the original 270 outdrive. Plus, with the parts engine and fully functioning 280 outdrive, any future needed parts are there and ready to be swapped out to keep her running for many years.  The boat alone is worth the starting bid, so your are practically getting all your major parts for free!
Here are the pros and cons that I am aware of:
PROS:
Trailer:  we put new hub and spindle assemblies on when we bought it.  These are hard to find, so this trailer is good for years.
Volvo Penta 280 outdrive:  one of the best made, fully functioning with propeller, tilt & shift cable.  Could keep it to replace the 270 or sell it. Original AQ130C engine:  rebuild it, keep it for parts or dismantle and sell the parts.
CONS:
Sealant around the outdrive should be refreshed
Cooling pipes have silicone sealant applied to them that is not sealing.  A pack of cooling pipe gaskets should be installed (available on ebay for around $21, part # 18-0590)
Dash is showing its age but it is serviceable.
I am selling the "as is" with no warranty.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and happy bidding. THANKS!
Gregg
'76 CV16