Author Topic: CV23 Hatch window?s available at great price  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Sixsixvette

CV23 Hatch window?s available at great price
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:31:00 PM »
OK guys, who needs a CV23 Hatch at a great price? I have two options/styles I am having made.

OPTION 1:
Full disclosure: I found a plastic company local to me who has produced these exact hatches for several years. The mold was done for a CV23 owner who had that mold done for him, so he owns it. I had to contact this CV23 owner to get permission to use his mold. The answer I got was no, I had to buy from him at $450 plus shipping. This seemed ridiculous to me. So?.I have a factory hatch with a crack. Plastic company will create a new mold using my hatch and I pay for that mold. From there each hatch will cost me $200. I am asking an additional $50 to help me recoup the cost of the mold. I am not making anything, just passing along at a reasonable cost as compared to every other source I have found. 

OPTION 2:
Working with this well known plastic company, I came up with what we think will be a significantly stronger and cheaper solution for the CV23 hatch.  He is making me a prototype hatch using 1/2 inch material that will NOT have any angled edge lip. I will post up pictures in a couple weeks once complete. But this should end up being under the $200 mark, stronger, and hopefully seal better. More to come?..

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator