Author Topic: Marsden Smart Interrupt  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
Marsden Smart Interrupt
« on: July 19, 2023, 11:12:38 AM »
Hi all, it?s been a while since I posted hope all are well. My CVZ 18 has been good and I?m going to try this Marsden Smart Interrupt soon as it?s en route. I could not find anyone on the forum using it yet?
I can report back if anyone is interested as it?s a modern take on the shift interrupt as mine always seems to be a little finicky at different times.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0aEkG4qksWCjL8C3JPrFGxkjtBvJEBmKk8T262anfHpxBYUC7YJ3abuUrZ8ZPy2Tal&id=982696458569873

Offline awc105

Re: Marsden Smart Interrupt
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 07:27:34 AM »
Cool! I've often wondered how the interrupt could be done better, I assume the delay adjustment is how long it kills the ignition for?

Would love to hear your feedback after installing and dialing it in!

-Andrew

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Andrew
74' CV-16SS - Carla

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 12:31:08 PM »
Yes adjustable dwell time! Everything looks good except the cost. A little steep in my un educated guess however they did patent it and have made improvements over time.

Offline Chippy

• 1980 CVZ 18
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 07:15:19 PM »
Update. Hope all are well here. I finally had the time to get this new shift interlock installed as well as some other things including a new Edelbrock 1409 carb with a square. Bore to spread bore adaptor as well as a smaller thermal spacer. All running through a fuel pressure regulator with a gauge. My carb was the original Quadrajet and unknown if it had ever been rebuilt.
The Smart interrupt works as advertised very simple to install however I wish they made a bracket that was 2 pieces to attach the tube for the Ram that took the most time. Other than that the delay setting they send it out with was a little long for my liking so adjusted it shorter and was easy.
All in all it?s very accurate and smooth in comparison.