General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Rathbun Checklists ...

(1/5) > >>

WetRaider:
Alright, I'm going to try and think of everything ... if there's something I've overlooked, please, please tell me!

Everyone for themselves ...

Bring a sharp knife (we're still trying for steak on Friday, by Wednesday I'll have placed the order and can let you know).  Bring your own drinks for Friday dinner
Bring your own drinks.
Saturday breakfast is on your own.
Saturday dinner is on your own.  The Resort Restaurant is not bad, and they serve big portions (menu:http://honeycreekresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dinnermenufeb_final.pdf) if you want a chance to hang out on their patio with your boat at their slip.  

Volunteers for community goods ...

Napkins/Paper Towels
Plastic Silverware
Paper Plates
Plastic Cups
Trash Bags

Don't forget your water, gatorade, soft drinks, adult beverages.  I'll get a price on bags of ice maybe I can bring out a bunch of fresh bags.

dorelse:
Dan - Not sure if this needs to be said or not...but...b/c of the Emerald Ash Borer quarantine...you should not bring firewood to the campground.

You should buy it locally.

WetRaider:
Thanks, Doran ... yes, they do want local wood at the campsites.  $4.99/bundle - tons available at the Centerville HyVee store.  I believe the gas station off the corner in Moravia has some as well, same price.

84carlson:
Is gas available on the lake?  Maybe I asked this do you need a state park permit?

Joe

WetRaider:
I know the Buck Creek Marina will have fuel.  I don't know the price.  
No permit necessary.  If you wish to launch from a ramp that is outside the state park, the Corps of Engineers charges $3.00 for a one day ramp permit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version