General Category > Minnesota Western Wisconsin Events / Meets

Boating on the St. Croix 9/26

(1/5) > >>

ChfBrianB:
There is a thread from Allan that talks about a trip north on the Mississippi on Sunday the 26th.  I thought that I would formalize the thread since there were a few topics going on there.

Shall we say 10am at Ft. Snelling boat ramp (on the Minnesota river?)  If anyone would like to launch at other ramps, that's fine too, but I have a state park sticker that I've only used once and I like that ramp.

Would anyone be willing to call through the phone list for the people that aren't on the forum frequently?

Jason:
Wish I could make it guys. That is such a cool ride! We are closing up the cabin this weekend. Gonna bring the 67 V172 to get wet for the first time! Had the CV16SS out yesterday. FINALLY running perfect! I'll catch you guys next time for some October boating!

Green with Envy:
We'll launch at Hidden Falls at around 10:30 with 'Captain Conner' at the helm.  Brad and Lori are planning to launch at the 77(Cedar Ave) launch on the Minnesota River and meet up with us.

How about we say everyone launch at which ever launch they want and meet at the downstream side of the Ford Dam around 10:30.  We'll enter the lock on the first opening after 11am.  Hidden Falls ramp is a stone's throw from there.

There is a decent inlet with docks at Boom Island Park between Hennepin and 8th Ave NE on the east side.  We could stop there for a picnic lunch.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Minneapolis&state=MN&country=US&latitude=44.98&longitude=-93.263603&geocode=CITY

ChfBrianB:
Something to remember...  The locks have a decent amount of waterflow and current (espically when they are filling).  It's a good idea to bring some extra extendable poles or paddles to help maintain your position on the wall.  Extra bumpers or cushions are good too as your only thing to hold on to is the rope that extends from the top of the lock.

For the 1st timers, it's nothign to worry about, but I assure you that you don't want to have to rely on your hands to hold you off the wall.  (Yuck)!

Jason:
Last year:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version