Author Topic: Floor and transom project  (Read 8434 times)

Offline dgmeyer

Re: Floor and transom project
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »
Thanks for all of the comments.   The GT160 should be a little easier lengthwise because the spoiler on the back doesn't have the shoe box lip which creates some issues of its own but at least it will give me some wiggle room lengthwise.  Pickup truck camper top tape seems like a good idea.  I was also thinking of using 4200 but that might be messy.....and I'm still trying to get 5200 off my arms!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
" The GT160 should be a little easier lengthwise because the spoiler on the back doesn't have the shoe box lip which creates some issues of its own but at least it will give me some wiggle room lengthwise "

CV was same ... set it down ... slide it back a little and screw it down.
Kind of surprised that all the screws and screw holes lined up with out any trouble.
I did have three other guys helping to do it, so went pretty easy.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
had to use KY to get it to slide together.

REALLY? And I thought it only had one use.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline wiliermdb

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
Took a couple of weeks off from the CVX project. My youngest had a birthday party last Saturday and my bicycle repair business has picked up quite a bit. Many triathletes are winding up their seasons and want to get their bikes cleaned and tuned for next season. Most will be breaking out their Mt. Bikes for fall and winter trail riding so I'll be seeing those coming in for service and repairs.

The bike work takes away time I need to be spending on the CVX but the money funds the project so no complaints there.

As far as the CVX goes, just need to start sanding and prep the areas that will be taking on some new glass. The Johnson 140 has been taking up some time as well. I removed the tilt/steer bracket and have the sides stripped and ready to prime. Power trim motor was very rusted so I removed that and of course the nightmare happened. One of the mounting screws snapped. Had to drill it out and I ended up getting a great deal on a large tap and die set from Harbor Freight. On sale for $39.99 and I had a 25% off coupon. Was able to save the screw hole and went ahead and cleaned up all the other threaded holes on the bracket. Now every bolt goes in perfectly.

Turning back to the bike work, I already payed for the tap and die set with one customer who attempted to do a repair himself and stripped out a mount on the frame. I was able to cut some new threads and payed for the tool in one day.