Author Topic: Vintage Waters skis  (Read 4085 times)

Offline C512Jim

Vintage Waters skis
« on: June 23, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
Used to have a large collection, but sold many to close friend that was into them.  I know many of you have alot of knowlege or anything to do with boating so wondered if any of you have any info on old skis, one in particular.  I have an old wood O'Brien slalom ski, it was the "Excallibur"  model.  I actually refinished it and used it for many years, our friends used to all it the singing ski because it would wine when you really got into it.  I traced  the logo so i could strip it but lost it.  it was very cool, was a sword just infront of your front foot and had the word "Excallibur" written between the blade and handle all in black.  The ski is light and dark oak strips and would love to find the logo to put back on and keep on one of my vintage boats like the C512 Metric.  Thanks, Jim.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Vintage Waters skis
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
Have you tried reaching out to them on Facebook?  Post of picture of your ski, say your trying to restore it and ask if they have the graphic you can buy or reproduce 1.  Might get you started.

While not as vintage, I did find a Connelly Big Easy water ski this year.  Been looking for one that didn't cost $300...found it locally on CL for $100.  Excited to try it in a week!

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline C512Jim

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »
Good idea, my wife does the facebook thing, will ask her to do some looking for me.  I have actually talked to original owners of Obrien online but no one has any records of that sadly.  I remember a friend back in the early 90s had a big easy i am sure, didnt think it was excactly the color scheme the on is in your photo. 

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:56 AM »
Good idea, my wife does the facebook thing, will ask her to do some looking for me.  I have actually talked to original owners of Obrien online but no one has any records of that sadly.  I remember a friend back in the early 90s had a big easy i am sure, didnt think it was excactly the color scheme the on is in your photo.

They had 2 different styles...hmm...if Connelly doesn't have it...I guess you're left looking on ebay for one again to get a decent pict of the graphic?
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
Or do a Google search (picture) for one.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
Or do a Google search (picture) for one.

I didn't see one...
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline C512Jim

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
Thanks for looking, I have scanned ebay also for quite a few years and googled every which way.  Untill i can get one might have to use a few examples and just do something close to what i remember.  The length of the sword was around 6 inches and the words across about 3 inches.  Was very cool, upset for a long time to have put it away and not kept track of it.

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
     Here is our vintage ski in my shop, converted to a shot ski.   Not sure who made it.   Did some searching, could not find one like you described.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude