General Category > General Discussion

Repower the CVX 16

(1/6) > >>

wiliermdb:
Finally decided to take the 115 off for awhile so I can do some work to it and install my 1996 88 SPL on the CVX.  

I've been wanting to do this for the past month but finally jumped on it today after work. Had to make another engine stand ($47 in supplies) to put the 115 on. I purchased a lifting eye from Bob's machine shop and that did the trick. I use a chain hoist to lift the motors. Works perfect. Also, purchased a set of backing plates for when I install the 88. The 115 needs some welding on the cavitation plate and I'd like to repaint the gold on the cover and install a new gasket.

My 88 SPL is in almost new condition and should at least push the CVX just the same as the 115. Plan on mounting the 88 Friday after work and hopefully take it out Saturday. Temp is to be around 60 - 62 so that's not too bad.

AndyBean:
Beautiful motor. Where do you live that you are lucky enough to get out this weekend?

wiliermdb:
South Louisiana. I'm between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I'm lucky that I have river access as close as 15 min. from the house. Supposed to be 62 on Sunday. Water was in the low 50's to upper 40's the last time I went out.

Waiting on 4:30 so I can head home and put the other motor on.

V153:
Yeah that 88 sho looks suweet! Wish my 90 looked so good.

Not sure you'll see the same performance as the 115 though. 'Less the 115's crank rated, and worn out? Then I guess it could be close.

Yep those Bobs Machine lifting eyes are the cats a**. Which reminds me: Hey now is the time to raise that motor a hole. It'll be okay, trust me.

Carry on.

Rosscoe:
Is that hoist just hanging from your roof trusses or something else?
Do those backing plates go on the inside or out? Does the motor bolt thru them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version