General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Iowa Meet 2016

<< < (2/12) > >>

75starflight:
The marina sounds like a good area to move too. Honestly, Amber and I have enjoyed the time we spent at Rathbun. It is a great lake with little traffic with a lot of room to run!

Mike, I would say pick some dates and go for it!

dorelse:
well, I'm obviously up for it!

makinwaves:
July 8-10?

Plugcheck:
July 8-10 should work for us, hopefully the weather will be more cooperative if we pushed the event later in the season.  Any other suggestions?

Plugcheck:
      After much wrestling with various schedules, meetings, and discussions, a basic plan for Rathbun 2016 has evolved.   The Glastron meet will be held Thursday July 7th through Sunday morning July 10th.   We plan to camp and have a slip at the lake Rathbun marina that many of you are aware of from previous meets there.   They are building new camping areas, and we plan to camp there.  1 RV per spot, but two tents can also be placed upon one campsite also. Supposed to have fire pit, 50A service, and new restroom/shower facilities.   Camping is a short walk from the slips, I was told about 1/4 mile.   All this is new to me, but nothing ventured, then nothing gained is what I believe.   Janell also stated that her reservations list will not open until March, so plenty of time to consider coming out.   We are hoping that by moving to a later date, we may avoid some of the early spring weather.   There are plenty of other camping and hotels around including the Honey Creek Resort and State owned parks.  My basic to-do list while at Rathbun includes a Friday lunch at Honey Creek Resort, and Saturday on the beach.   We now have another restaurant to peruse, Louie's on the Lake is located at the Marina, might be worth a look,  We plan to arrive sometime Thursday around lunchtime, get set up, put boat in, etc  Spend the evening on the water, maybe cook out on the beach in one of the coves.   The website is www.lakerathbunmarinas.com  This is the basics that I know of right now, hopefully we can have nice weather and a decent turn out.    Thanks all, Plugcheck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version