General Category > General Discussion

Engine about finished

(1/2) > >>

melinprov:
So last year I found and bought parts in the winter and spring for the engine for my V179- AQ130c and just finished most of it up today, a little fine tuning and completing details and I will test start it. I painted the stern drive also but it needs one more coat off the stand and some sanding to cover the zinc primer. I still have a lot of detail work in the boat to do

melinprov:
more

Plugcheck:
Nicely done, I've always like the look of the copper tubing on those engines in contrast with the other parts.     Should be getting close to splashing very soon

melinprov:
Thanks, I really like the copper also. A funny thing I just noticed today was that the starter solenoid was bypassed and a car solenoid used to achieve the start. I noticed that because I was trying to figure out in the manual how to wire the main fuse or even put it on, I am surprised I didn't pick up on this earlier. It seems to work-- I did energize it today to check my valves and the electric before I start it. I did try it with the solenoid on the starter first before trying the added one and of course it was a no go, then I went to look at used starters and  found prices from $60.  (as is ) to to $600.  (guarantied to work)  for a starter for this aq 130c. I hope to find a working one soon. The old main fuse that came off 3 years ago was blown and there is a lesser inline fuse--maybe 30-40 amp---coming off the old solenoid. I did get some resistance/ heat today at my pos. battery cable but I thought it was because I don't have a full load of oil in the engine yet. As to splashing it, I wish it would be this year but there is still a lot of things to do and my work is still crazy busy and its been too hot to work outside most of the day here- and with water restrictions I spend a few hours  spot hand watering my garden/crops/lawn on the days I don't get irrigation or a watering turn--we are allowed 2 watering days a week plus irrigation. I'm hoping for a full on start this next week after I move it outside and add a simple water and gas set up. I hope there's enough water in the lake when I do get  to that point when I splash it!

melinprov:
so here's a update, after 2 tries to start I blew the original coil and capacitor, found a coil locally but had to send off for the capacitor-should be here today around 4 pm and I will try again. These parts checked out OK before and I did go through the distributor so I think that is it...unless the charge control has problems now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version