General Category > Classified / Wanted to Buy

FOUND!: GAS CAP (Or gas deck fill assembly) - 1978 Glastron Carlson CV23-Read on

(1/5) > >>

JetLife:
Hello. I am in need of a Glastron Carlson CV23 gas cap. The boat is a 1978. The boat did not have the correct cap when I bought it. I have had no luck finding one in aftermarket or elsewhere. Help me please! I would be forever grateful. I am currently using a temporary plumbing plug :(

See the attached photos for the fill opening size and what the original cap looked like. If you don't have one, could you direct me to someone that may?

Thank you!

Mark Priglmeier

Hyperacme:
Hi Mark .. and welcome to the forum !

I've been told there are a few different size's depending on brand.

https://www.google.com/search?q=boat+gas+cap+replacement&source=hp&ei=Hl--YPCRKNyC9PwP7pyb6Aw&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYL5tLgM94tJiP9vHbXoRuVFJFcdgwiTg&oq=boat+gas&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYBzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6DgguELEDEMcBEKMCEJMCOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6CAguELEDEIMBOgIILjoLCC4QsQMQgwEQkwI6CAguEMcBEKMCOgsIABCxAxCDARDJAzoFCAAQkgM6CAguEMcBEK8BOggIABCxAxDJA1C77gdY9pAIYMXFCGgAcAB4AIAB0wGIAZMHkgEFNS4yLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=gws-wiz

Maybe get a "gas cap assembly" and try cap, if it won't fit replace with new assembly ..

https://www.google.com/search?q=boat+gas+cap+assembly&ei=ql--YP7gPPPqtQbd7LbIBw&oq=boat+gas+cap+replacement&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQsAMQQ1AAWABg-OwiaAFwAngAgAFoiAFokgEDMC4xmAEAqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

still_fishin:
I've tried a replacement cap online but the thread pattern is different.  Mine originally wasn't reinstalled after fueling and slid off the bow onto the road where it was run over by no less then a billion cars. As soon as I noticed it was missing,  about 20 minutes,  I went back to retrieve it.  The threads were fine but the pretty side was trashed.  I ended up assembling that boat but to keep the saddle moving along I switched the cap with our cv23..... same thread pattern.  I bought a filler assembly off a parts glastron but the two pieces were seized. Your best bet is off one if the parts Glastrons returning back to the earth. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

still_fishin:
Ok, a quick search and the differences are one is 1 1/2 npt, the other is 1 1/2 straight pipe thread.  I think we have the straight pipe thread option.  As I remember the one I picked up online screwed in about 2/3 of the way. Obviously it was the npt version.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JetLife:
I have researched this cap dilemma quite a bit. I called dealers and had them measure caps but this size of cap seems to be unique. Maybe the cap is not original...appears to be though. It is a bigger cap than most out on the web. (See measurement in photo)

I would rather find an original cap, but if all else fails a whole new assembly is in order. Just don't want to wander away from OEM.

So if anyone out there has something, let me know.

Thank you!
Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version