Author Topic: Glastron CVX / CV Blower Vents  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Glastron CVX / CV Blower Vents
« on: July 01, 2021, 04:05:16 PM »
A guy on FB group got a pair and was VERY unhappy with them  Buy at your own risk ... 

You can buy these right off of his website also.
www.mxride.com

The original Glastron blower vents while having the ability to last for years, were made out of plastic design in the 1970’s. As with anything and the advent of new plastic technology allows us to re-engineer and 3d print these blower vents to exact scale with superior plastic. Printed using Dura-Max plastic resin.
Blower vents have be re-engineered from vents off a 1978 Glastron Carlson CVX-20. These vents have been used across most CV / CVX Glastrons, so they will fit most boats manufactured by Glastron from the mid 1970’s to early 1980’s.
Price includes a pair (qty 2) vents and (qty 12) mounting screws.
Mounting: The mounting holes are in the original positions, we utilize 18-8 Stainless Steel Phillips Rounded Head Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic – ( 12 screws included).
Modify message
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:30:40 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Glastron CVX / CV Blower Vents
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 12:00:49 PM »
Thanks Rotek ..

As the one underplate I have is in really bad condition and I need two, one for each side, I have decided to reconstruct it in Solidworks.
I will 3D print it on the SLS printer in Nylon12 material.
I am posting the files here if anyone else needs them.
Here is the .STEP file if you want to CNC it or do some modifications, and .STL file so you can use it for 3D printing.
If the part is too large for the 3D printer I  can also separate it into two smaller parts which can be glued together after printing.