General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Rathbun 2015 date

<< < (2/11) > >>

WetRaider:
Hey Brandon, Thanks for picking this up.  Things have been hectic getting use to life with an infant.  That, and Courtney's dad recently passed away giving us reason to be in Texas.  Most of you know that I sold the boat when moving to KC ... our house in Centerville is still for sale, and we're crossing fingers on having it sold soon ... but having to rent, we didn't have storage for a boat, nor any idea how we'd get time away to go use it.

It might be worth my trip up from KC, even without a boat, to visit for the weekend.

Plugcheck:
We would luv to see ya, plenty of room in the z.  Hoping for some beach and float time.

75starflight:
Here is a Rough Schedule for the weekend. All dependent on weather, water level, ect. of course.

Thursday

Set up camp, Supper on your own.

Friday

Breakfast on your own.

Launch boats, morning lake run.

Lunch at the Honey Creek Resort (around noon if we can)

Nothing really planned for the afternoon. Float time, cruising, hanging out on the beach below the campground (if there is one) what ever you want to do its your time.

Supper on your own

Saturday

breakfast on your own

Launch, beach, float what ever you want to do. Just hang out and enjoy the company.

Lunch
Picnic at the beach. The one in the cove with the main marina at the east end of the lake.

Afternoon cruise and flotilla time.

Supper on your own.

Free time

Sunday

Breakfast on your own.

Pack up camp

Say goodbyes, make one last run on the lake if you want.

If anyone has any other ideas Please feel free to share.

Thank you

thedeuceman:
so it was at 910 last year and its at 906 now, that looks promising :)
though i spose it fills up fast when its raining.
it will be a great weekend
is anyone else from MN going ?

Plugcheck:
Just a FYI from our camp.  Connie and I intend to leave early Thursday.  We plan to arrive at Rathbun around lunchtime, set camp, have a bite, then be on the water.  I will bring my laptop and projector, Tim(makinwaves) is bringing a PC audio system and "live and let die". We have a screen, but afraid to use it outdoors so would prefer a big white sheet and rope should anyone have such available.  If anyone has any glastron related movies, clips, or such your welcome to bring them.  Might throw a quick photo slide of the day if ithers wish to offer digi photos.  Slight variation to the typical campfire night.  Anyway just a thought, looking forward to seeing everyone, and let's pray for good weather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version