General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Hello from N.Ca

(1/2) > >>

cvxjet:
Hello...my name is Eric although some people have called me other names.  I have owned my CVX-20 for 21 years...made some improvements, repaired and replaced some of her...have done some innovations- some of which may not sit well with some of you.

If you are mad at me, you may call me any of those other names when you see any of my posts- I can send you a list of those....names to help you!

Here is a pic of my boat at Trinity Lake back in 2011, when we had water in N. Ca

Oldfishguy:

Well, 21 year ownership . . . I have a name for you. . . Lifer!  😀

Seriously, welcome. Good group here.

David

Plugcheck:
Interesting windshield design.  Considering what a replacement costs, I can understand.  Owning for 21 years is impressive, do what ya want.  Post more pics and welcome to the forum.

Hyperacme:
Welcome to the forum Eric !
The CVX20 looks as cool today as it did back in the 70's .. Would have been hard to replace with anything better looking.
Some like original and some like it modified .. In the end it's your boat .. so do what makes you happy ..
Hope you will share some of your mod's and improvements.

cvxjet:
When I purchased the boat the windshield was long gone....At Trinity in July the air temperature is between 90-100...I needed a top and can't stand Biminis (Plus they are useless when it rains, so I designed and built a taller windshield plus modified a Bimini to come off the windshield...it is very low but the rear folds forward for access- I have NO idea how I came up with that idea now tho....

I have done repairs and mods to my boat- some of which actually worked!   At some point I will try to do some posts on floor replacement, making a new back seat, improved engine mounting and water leaking under the floor thru the engine mount cut-outs...Sadly, I have never come up with a solution for the "Loose nut behind the steering wheel".....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version